Tuesday, June 29, 2010

wild waters

A friend of mine told me that if you are "visibly" pregnant you only have to pay $8.50 to get into the wild island water park and Brielle is free. It sounded like great cheap fun for Brielle and I to do. So of course I wanted to try to go as many times as I could before I had the baby.
My nephew Dallin was in town so I decided to take Dallin, Tiffany and Brielle to the water park. I was a little nervous being in charge of so many kids. I figured Dallin was old enough he and Tiffany would be ok.
I had a crazy morning and ended up forgetting Brielle's swimsuit. Luckily my friend who doesn't live very far from the water park allowed me to barrow her daughters. I was ever so grateful because I was already running late.
The water park has a section for toddlers and Brielle loved it. Her favorite thing to do is go down the water slides with mom. The toddler part has two tube like water slides and a large open slide. The tube like slides are super hard to go down if you are an adult, I had to pull ourselves down. However, the large open slide we are both able to slide down. She had a blast as long as I went with her.
I took her to the wave pool and the lazy river but they were not as big of a hit as the toddler part. Another hit was the little kid water area that has a bucket that fills up with water and then dumps out. She wanted to sit on a lawn chair and watch it-she would have sat there all day if I let her.
Brielle had a keen sense of where the food area was. She kept running over and asking to eat. After telling her no several times because I wanted to wait for Dallin and Tiffany she was finally able to eat. We had pizza and fries.
About mid-visit Brielle discovered the coin operated horses. She couldn't get enough of them and it took everything I had to get her to play in the water at that point.
Dallin and Tiffany did a great job checking in with me. They even took Brielle down a couple of the water slides (in the toddler area). We didn't leave until closing and everyone was very tired.

I had to drop Dallin and Tiffany off out at Julies. Shortly after crossing over Mt Rose Hwy a bird flew right into my windshield. I thought it was going to break or at least crack it-luckily it didn't. The noise was so loud and when I looked in the rear view mirror I saw feathers flying everywhere. Dallin's facial expression was classic-he couldn't believe I hit a bird.

She ran right into the water to test it out.


Our coin operated horse that she couldn't get enough of.


It was interesing taking picutes becuase I would try to slide slightly ahead and take the picture before we hit the bottom. I think I did ok.

Tiffand and Dallin walking Brielle up to the water slide.

The big open water slide.

I loved that they were all holding hands.

No comments: