Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Our day with the Jolley kids

Molly is a great friend of mine that has three adorable kids. She is always so good to me and watches Brielle when I am in a bind. Today I was finally able to help her. She had to go to girls camp today and Shawn had to work. I have told Molly for months I would watch her kids and so she finally let me.
I wanted to make the day fun and eventful. I got up early to go grocery shopping and get snacks for our big day. Matt jokingly said I was treating them better than I treat him-he was just jealous of all the yummy snacks and drinks I bought.
Today was playgroup and they were planning on going up to Lake Tahoe, in fact the same beach I love because it is so shallow. I wasn't originally going to go but my other great friend Cristy said she was going. I felt more comfortable going up if someone I really knew and trusted was there. I really wanted to be on the road by nine but that didn't happen. By the time I made lunch, finished packing the truck, got the kids dressed and sunscreen on, it was already past 10. It was a nice realization that if I want 4 kids I better be more prepared and wake up earlier in order to get out the door when I want to. I needed to stop by the Jolley house and get sandals for the kids, then I had to turn back around and get Brielle's hat. I finally had everything together and we were on the road. The kids entertained each other and sang and clapped all the way up to Tahoe. It was so fun to have a truck full of kids.
Once we arrived and settled I had the kids eat lunch and then we played all day. Brielle was in her own little world doing her own thing. She wandered, ate and played in the dirt, and loved to dip into the water. I was surprised how little she really played with the other kids. We had a great time playing in the water and enjoying everyones company.
My original plan was to borrow Paul and Patty's water slide bounce house toy and buy a slip and slide. I still had planned on playing with it but Matt was concerned that Tahoe may wear the kids out. I asked the kids if they still wanted to use it and they were so excited. So I packed the kids up mid-afternoon and headed to my parents. All the kids fell asleep on the way down. By the time we got to my parents house they weren't too anxious to play on any of the toys. However that all changed when the neighbors grandsons came over to play. The kids found their second wind and played hard the rest of the afternoon.
Once Shawn got off of work we had a BBQ at my parents. By the time we loaded the kids back in to the truck and headed home, they were all very tired. I must say I tuckered them out. However it was a great day and I enjoyed every moment of it.











No comments: