Thursday, July 1, 2010

Lesson learned

Today was defiantly a first time mom experience and one I hope I will never have to experience again. I changed Brielle's diapers right before I put her down for a nap. I decided to keep her pants off so she wouldn't get so warm. I had a quick thought run through my head-what if she takes her diaper off, maybe I should put a onsie on. But the thought came and went. I put her down and she laid and played in the crib for alittle bit. I checked the video monitor every once in awhile and everything was ok. However one of the last times I check the video something looked different. It took me a minute but I realized that her diaper was right next to her, her bum exposed and she was fast asleep. I couldn't believe my eyes so I grabbed the camera and went into her room. Sure enough she took off her diaper and was fast asleep.

When Matt came home from lunch and told me I was foolish for not putting the diaper back on. I didn't want to wake her up and I figured the only mess I would probably have to deal with is a little bit of urine because she already pooped. I continue to check the video monitor every once in while and things looked ok. When she woke up I walked into her room and a nasty aroma hit me so hard I just thought, "OH NO!" Sure enough there was poop and pee everywhere! She was standing up and had poop on her hands, on her legs, in her pacifier, on the crib, on the bumper, and of course on the sheets.

I immediately took her pacifier because that was just gross. I wasn't sure what to do first but figured I better throw Brielle into the bath and wash her off first. The poop was caked on, it was crazy. I had gone into the room a few seconds after she woke up. I guess the heat dried it fast.

Once I washed Brielle I called Matt and he had NO sympathy for me.Thanks alot!

So I disinfected everything and threw her crib bedding into the wash and opened the window to get the smell out.

All I have to say is I have learned a great lesson and I will be putting a onsie on. If I notice her diaper off I will be putting it back on her. GROSS!

No comments: