Brielle does a great job keeping her sunglasses and hat on.
Brielle enjoys wearing anyone's shoes and walking around in them, she also tries to put on clothes that are laying around. Her favorite day is when we are doing laundry because there are clothes everywhere. I have almost given up separating the laundry because by the time she is done playing the clothes are scattered everywhere. I have learned that if I am going to do a new load of laundry I have to search the whole upstairs for clothing before I start the load.
I think she is only missing 4 teeth now. Thank goodness because she is a terrible teether and it is easier to chew food with back teeth.
Brielle enjoys listening to music especially in the car and creating music.
She loves Oma's house because she gets to eat anything she wants. My mom has really worked with her on sitting on a stool by herself. She has it mastered now and likes to climb up and sit on the stools.
Brielle loves to explore and is very independent.

Brielle is such a talker. Most the time we can understand her or figure out what she is trying to say. However there are times where she just starts rambling and you can't understand a thing. She has picked up this new trait of clicking-it's very hard to do. I keep trying to catch it on video but haven't yet. I find she does it mainly with the letters: c,k,z and I am sure there are others. She is also repeating words so now we have to watch our mouths. Another thing she is doing is putting words together such as "Momma shoes on" and "ball way" (meaning put it the ball away), Vroom Vroom (being vehicle), "sit down," "bye-bye," "I want..." "cereal, bowl" Other things she does is sing the alphabet and count.-she doesn't have all the letters and numbers but you sure can tell that is what she is doing.

Brielle will go back on forth being either a Mommy's girl or a Daddy's girl.
Brielle is starting to get a little shy streak about her but give her long enough and she will warm up.
She enjoys having us throw her up in the air. She counts one, two, swing
Brielle enjoys watching Matt and I get ready for the day. When we put deodorant on she wants it on too (we rub it under her arm with the cap on), she loves to put lotion on and brush her hair.
More often then not she wants her shoes off, especially in the car. Sometimes it's a battle because she will sit down in the middle of the store and try to take her shoes off.

Brielle has a very good memory. I have to be careful what I tell her because she will keep me to it. She knows the drive to Oma's and when we hit the end of the street she will yell out "Oma's!" She also knows the end of our street and will cry if she doesn't want to go home. Another fun recognition is the moon. We have read Goodnight Moon to her for a long time. This last month she saw the moon and got all excited yelling "Hi Moon" and waving to it.

She still puts so many things in her mouth-especially dirt and rocks. I keep thinking she is going to grow out of this stage but appears to be lingering.
Brielle could spend her whole day outside playing and she would be a very happy little girl. When at my parents house she roams the whole neighborhood like I use to. However she doesn't have that same freedom at home. Other outdoor activities she likes to do is go for walks, she sees the stroller and begs to go for a walk.
May 30th was a blessed day. Brielle was officially 18 months and in Nursery. I didn't think I was going to be so excited, but I was. Brielle marched right out of sacrament and straight into Nursery, sat down in the chair and forgot all about me. Her two best friends are in Nursery right now too-Peter and K.K. After church I went to pick her up and she didn't want to go. Hope she stays this excited.
When Brielle is home she roams from room to room and digs through her toys, book shelves, plays on the couches, pulls out blankets and pulls down the pillows off the coaches, rides her rocking horse, plays on her little tykes, and pulls out Wii toys. She keeps herself very busy and when she is done it looks like a tornado has hit the house. She self entertains very well and I love watching her play.
Brielle continues to LOVE reading books. I don't think there is a day that goes by that Brielle has not opened up a book and read it. Some of her favorite books right now: Goodnight Moon; Click, Clack Moo Cows that Type, Dr Seuss's ABC and Hop on Pop, the scripture book I bought her, and the Cookie Monster book she is reading in the picture below. Her favorite places to read her books are on the stairs or footstool or in her library chair. It makes me very happy she loves her books. In fact I always load up 5+ books whenever we go on a road trip or to church because she is so entertained by them.






No comments:
Post a Comment