This year Matt and Merlin put some money into the boat and fixed it up a little. We headed down to Fallon so Matt could fine tone the boat in hopes he could take it out for a little bit. Matt had the boat all ready to go once Merlin came home from work. Dallin and Autumn really wanted to go but after last years experience we had to keep them home. Once the boat was in the water Matt discovered it wouldn't go into reverse but that didn't stop him. We headed out into the open water and both Merlin and Matt were pleased. It didn't take Matt long before he wanted to go boarding. He was heading to the same spot we were last year and I put my foot down and said absolutely not. If we were going to stop the boat it was going to be where there are other people around us. Thankfully they listened and thankfully we didn't have any issues. Matt was able to get right up on the board. It was fun to watch him glow and be so happy. Brielle wasn't too sure about the boat and the wind but she warmed up to the idea. She didn't make a noise the whole time we were out.
All day I had been talking to Matt about letting me go out and wakeboard. He wasn't too keen on the idea and for the first time this month, I didn't get what I wanted. He has been so patient with me and has allowed me to push myself the limits. This was one thing he REALLY didn't want me to do, so I thought I better listening for once. It was still nice to be out on the water and watch Merlin and Matt be in there element. Boating is the one thing I know I will see true happiness on Merlin's face.
It was interesting having a belly, trying to hold Brielle and the flag and keep myself upright.
Merlin swung Matt around so he could go right into the boating dock but Matt caught an edge and took a good fall. In fact he gave himself a concussion-immediately after the fall he was nauseous, and had a terrible headache.
As we were loading up the boat the people next to use were trying to unload their boat. Once they put the truck into reverse their boat slide right off the trailer and onto the pavement. They were super lucky because the very tip was still on the trailer. Then when they were trying to pull it back onto the trailer I thought for sure the line was going to snap and hit one of us. I was very grateful nothing serious happen and we were able to get out safe and sound.
We stayed and had dinner with Matt's folks and then headed home. Brielle was in great spirits at the house and didn't mind sharing her bright smile with everyone who walked into the door.
No comments:
Post a Comment