By the time we made it to my parents none of us had heard back from Brian. My folks and everyone were trying to get ready to go and there was still no news. So finally at 9:45 I texted him to make sure everything was ok. He responded back saying the baby was born at 8:47 weighing 7.5lbs and 20 inches long and Crystal delivered NATURAL! As my parents were heading out the door I broke down in tears. I was so sad I wasn't going and everyone else was. I knew I shouldn't go but really wanted to go. My mom suggested I just go with them but I really didn't want to go without Matt (just in case something did happen). Matt needed to be at work so I stayed home.
Shortly after they left Erin texted me and said Dad wanted Matt and I to come down. I hesitated for a little while and Matt needed to finish what he was working on.
By noon we decided to head down. We hit terrible traffic due to road construction and very slow drivers. It took us 3 hours to get down there. Brian and Crystal had NO idea we were coming and it was a wonderful surprise. When I walked in I was shocked to see how good Crystal looked. I seriously wished I looked that good after having a baby. There is nothing like a natural glow that radiates from a new parent. It was fun to see this glow radiating from both Brian and Crystal. Just to see it was worth the whole trip.I loved being down there with all the family celebrating this long awaited birth.
We spent a few hours holding the baby and taking pictures and then headed back home. Coming home was faster than going down. We stopped and ate dinner with my folks, Grandpa and Erin and then went our separate ways.
Here is Eva Crystal Hicks:

This is a great picture of three generations. Looking at it reminds me of what the circle of life is all about. The elderly who are fading away and looking as their legacy lives on, the present who has the responsibility to nurture and teach their heritage to their children, and the future who has their whole lives ahead of them and make their ancestors proud.

It's always amazing to me that in an instant you become a Mother and a Father. The instant love and pride that comes.



When we arrived Brielle became SO shy-not what I was expecting at all. She held on tight to either Matt or I and sometimes would go with Oma.

We kept trying to show her the baby and she would hide her face. After some time she warmed up and would look at the baby. I had her point to Eva's mouth, nose and chin.

At one point Brielle wanted me to hold her. I was already holding Eva but thought I would take both of them. Besides, it wont be long before this is an everyday occurrence.


Since we were all there we had to get a "girl" picture. Our little family sure is growing.
Mona was super nice and took a family picture for us.
This is the first time I get to be an Aunt on my side of the family. I have always loved being an Aunt and look forward to being one on my side of the family.
Brielle wasn't too sure when the baby starting crying. She would look at it like "why you cryin?"
The grandparents with their grandkids!
Grandpa Hicks looking at every detail of Eva
My parents are so thrilled to be grandparents again.
By the time we left, Brielle was loving on Eva and having a good time in the hospital.
We are so happy Eva has joined our family and Brain and Crystal get to experience parenthood. Congrats!
This picture was taken when they were heading home. I think Eva is wondering what the heck is about to happen to her and she gets to go home.










No comments:
Post a Comment