The cattle drive wasn't scheduled to come until noon and we showed up at 11:50 and were stopped by traffic... they came early. We were close enough I was able to take Brielle out of her car seat and point to the horses and cows. She was so excited she tried to climb onto the dashboard to get closer. Once the animals made it past the roundabout they opened the road back up. Matt thought he could go behind the apartments and catch the drive coming down Wedekind. He was a genius! We were able to park and had to wait a little before they came. It was fun to watch Brielle get excited about the animals. I must say it's not as entertaining to watch the drive come down a straight road but I am so grateful we were able to see it from start to finish.
After Brielle's nap Julie and I decided to take the kids to the park off Mt Rose Highway. It's a beautiful park tucked away with a creek and playground toys and a hiking trail. The hike really isn't anything and I was going to have Brielle walk it but she was too excited to get into her hiking backpack again. We hiked a little and then played in the creek. I was amazed how much Brielle wanted to play because it was freezing cold water and it didn't seem to phase her.
Can't get much better-water to play in and trees to climb.
After we dried the kids off they played on the playground toys.
We were approaching Father's Day weekend and Matt and I were not clear on our plans. Shawna was coming into town that night so we thought we would try to go to Fallon for a visit because we weren't sure if we were going to make it down for Father's Day. It was a last minute decision which meant we were down there a little later than we would have liked but I am glad we decided to go down. We had a lovely visit and Brielle enjoyed playing with her cousins.
Dallin is really into skateboarding now and can do a few tricks with his board.
This was the first time Brielle played with grandma and grandpa's swing set-other then just the swing.
No comments:
Post a Comment