Tuesday, January 3, 2012

What do you do when the weather is more like Spring than winter?

We have had record breaking temperatures but not because it's so cold. It may be January but it feels like May. The weather has been beautiful. I really have not taken advantage of the beautiful weather until today. I told myself I needed to get the kids out and play......enjoy this weather.....get out of the house! The funny thing is Matt didn't know that was my plan and this morning he told the kids I should take them to the park. Of course Brielle was all for it. The problem was I had made a hair appointment at 10 for the kids and it was already 8:30. However, I couldn't disappoint her so we rushed to get ready and out the door we went. We couldn't stay long but we sure did have fun. I thought to myself...."why haven't we been outside until today?" It was amazing how beautiful it was.
He wasn't too happy that I wasn't up there with him and he was letting me know it.
She surprised me with how well she was climbing the wall. She would have made her Papa Taylor really proud
The only way the kids were willing to leave the park was if I promised we would go over to Oma's house and play outside after the hair appointment. I really wished I didn't make that promise because Miles was ready for his nap but Brielle didn't care, she reminded me where out next stop needed to be.

Brielle use to be my outdoors girl and I couldn't get her to come inside. She has changed (I think it's because of me, I don't take her out much anymore). She likes being inside and playing with her toys. My goal was to keep her outside as long as possible. Luckily my Mom wasn't home when I got there and Miles fell asleep. I pulled out the new truck and had her drive it around the neighborhood. By the time we were done, Miles was sweating to death in his car seat so I pulled him out and we stopped for lunch. After lunch I was lucky I was able to convinced Brielle to go back outside. With Miles I just have to say the word "outside" and he gets excited.
My Grandpa Hicks joined us for a majority of our play outside. Miles loves and adore his Grandpa and it's fun to watch them interact. 
Whenever Miles goes for a walk he likes to hold your hand. It melts you heart every time he reaches up to grab your hand.
Another goal of mine was to have the kids play with all the outside toys....the dome, truck, wagon and Brielle reminded me of the sand table. We conquered it all.
 The sun was perfect where it highlighted the kids hair beautifully. Plus we had to show off the new dos.
We used our imagination and at one point we were fishing sharks and when she would catch one she would put it up in the tree. It was pretty funny.
 Brielle is getting better at driving the truck around but I think she prefers to be a passenger. Miles did pretty good today, give it time and he will master the driving.
Right after this picture he ran into the tree. Then the kids became more concerned about the leaves that dropped in the truck.
I put Taz in the back and he wasn't too sure about it however the kids loved the idea. Miles is getting brave and standing up and Brielle forgot she was driving.
I think it takes a lot of energy to push the gas pedal on the truck because the kids get tired after a little. We moved onto the wagon and I pushed them all around. Once we were done Miles wanted his turn to play with the wagon and Brielle slipped into the house.
 Grandpa got tired and left after some time. Once Miles was done with the wagon he had to go check on Grandpa. My mom says they visit him everyday while I am at work.
I was hoping that I kept them outside long enough I would wear them out. I know I was tired by the end of it. On the way home Brielle kept telling me she wasn't tired. Silence fell upon the car and sure enough I had two sleeping children......mission accomplished.

No comments: