I was invited to my friends 30th birthday bash Saturday night. The plans were dinner, roller skating and staying the night at a local hotel. It was my first "girls night out" ever really. I have done a dinner and different things but never spent the night. I was excited and nervous all at the same time. Just thinking about it made me sad to be away from Matt (since I hardly see him right now) but excited to get to know the girls better and play.
The theme was 80's. I don't really have anything and what little I did have, I don't fit into to. I didn't realize that Chanika sent an e-mail out saying we could use some of her stuff until after the event. Oh well. I figured it was best I go then not to go cause I wasn't dressed up. I will say, the girls looked amazing and the looks they got at dinner were funny.
We jetted off to Roller Skate Kingdom (a local skating place) to go roller skating. The last time I was there was when Matt and I were first married and did a cheap date. I was a little surprised with how much it cost now (luckily they had buy one get one free entrance coupon). I was informed I had to roller skate and not roller blade which made me a little nervous. I haven't roller skated since I was a little girl. Looking around at the place the set up was what I recalled when growing up. I recognized a few workers from growing up too (that was funny). We arrived around 8 and were supposed to go till 10:30. It was like riding a bike and I had such a good time. The new session started at 8:30 so they made all the skaters exit the ring so they could check your hand stamp. I went around maybe once when my roller skating experience turned into roller derby. I was talking to a friend and next thing I know my neck was coming back forward and I was down flat on the ground with tears instantly streaming down my face. I knew I hurt, I knew I was REALLY embarrassed and was frustrated I was crying. I tried to tough it out but my whole right side (elbow, torso, hip and ankle) were burning and aching. I thought it would be best I went home and took some drugs.
Needless to say my night ended short. I was sad and embarrassed all at the same time. I am pretty tender on my right buttock near my sacrum, my elbow is bruised up and my whole right arm has sore muscles. My neck and between my shoulder blade is sore from the whiplash action. My pride damaged but that will recover.
I will say it sucks to get old. I thought I wasn't suppose to feel this way till much later.
I really wanted to hide my face after but thought I better not. The Birthday bash continued with a surprised birthday party for Amy on Sunday. It was nice to get together with everyone and hangout and eat.
| Miles liked the birthday decor |
Happy Birhday Amy!
No comments:
Post a Comment