Saturday, January 14, 2012

Disney fun

Over the weekend Stride Rite shoes were having a killer deal on there clearance-2 for $30. Saturday morning I was pretty tired and wanted to go to the sale but not really motivated to go. I thought I would call and just see if they had anything in Miles or Brielle's size. I am so glad I did, I shopped over the phone. I called and told them what style I was looking for and they put them on hold for me. Needless to say I found my motivation. We jumped in the car and headed over. We entered through one of the side doors of the mall and saw they have a little puppy store now. This got the kids all excited. I told them we would go back after shoe shopping. We had both kids feet measured. Sure enough Miles grew a whole size in about two months and was now a 6.5 and none of the shoes that were put on hold for us would work. Luckily Brielle was still a 10.5 and had plenty of choices. I came prepared with a stroller and snacks. We were shoe shopping longer than expected but the kids did great....with food of course. I thought we were done and decided last minute to look for Eva's size and bought a couple for her.
Off to the puppy's before I had to do some returns. The kids loved looking at the different puppies, the smiles and giggles on the kids faces were priceless. Brielle thought the dogs could get her even though they were behind glass. She was also very concerned as the puppy's started to play and bite each other. She kept yelling, "no bite! We don't bite, you have to be nice!"
My returns were at JcPenny and right outside their store is a toddler playground. Of course we had to stop and play for awhile. Brielle loved that she could climb and balance on the house, Miles just ran from one toy to another. He is still a little too small and had a hard time climbing into things.
On our way back to the car I stopped into the Disney store. Just by dumb luck they were doing a little craft for the kids. It was icing on the cake.


Brielle now calls the Disney story the "Princess room."
We had such a great day together. We ended our fun by going over to my parents and dropping off Eva's shoes and hanging out for awhile.

No comments: