I must admit we were both very nervous to have him go. With Brielle I felt she was ready. She was talking and it just felt like the natural next step. Miles squawks and barely says anything at all. He is squawking less because I feel he is able to communicate his needs better and he isn't as frustrated. However the nursery leaders don't know him which may lead to more frustration.
He is also a very clingy baby. He doesn't like going to many people. I was worried about the separation anxiety and how he would respond.
His first Sunday he was supposed to be in Nursery I kept him home due to a cold and ear infection/too fussy to deal with at church and wanting him to take a good nap. So we attempted Nursery this Sunday. Normally I jet right over to Primary but Matt seemed a little busy so I thought I would try to take Miles. While walking him there I was thinking what a stupid idea that was since he clings to me the most. We get to the door, I say hello, push him forward a little and shut the door. I figured I got him there, Matt could handle it if they need him. Much to our surprise, he did AMAZING. Brother McCombs said he only squawked once and did really well. We had to leave early and pulled him out during snack time. He looked so grown up sitting in his chair at the table (It really melted my heart and made me sad and proud all at the same time). He was hesitant to leave his food until we promised we would bring it with us.
I asked him if he was a big boy and went to Nursery. He puts this huge grin on his face and shakes his head up and down. Thata boy!
Miles also has a few routines and items he likes. For instance:
Before his nap we have four books he picks from: Wheels on the Bus, Goodnight Moon, Twinkle little Star, and Peek a Who. He determines what book, and how many times he wants it read. This is communicated by grunts or pointing to the book. Then pushing the book away when he is done. If he wants to read it again he starts to cry until we show him the book he wants. We read and then I sing a few songs and off to bed he goes. He is still a great sleeper and is easy to put down. After the books and song he will let us lay him down and we walk away. Sometimes he falls asleep right away and other times it will take him a little while. After he wakes up he must take everything out of his crib and take it with him. He is loving his little blanket right now. He likes to cuddle for a little and if we get time we will ready a book while he wakes up. Other times I just give him a book.
| This is right after nap, cuddled in his blanket, leaning against his pillow with one of his books he likes. |
Miles likes to tease, and play with you. I think he has part of his Daddy in him.
He enjoys playing Peek-a-boo, dancing, taking walks outside, singing songs, and likes to do patty cake.
Whenever I vacuum, he gets scared but wants to watch all at the same time. Most the time he will pull himself up on a coach or chair and watch me.
He has been able to experience his own DVD player when we travel. Up to this point we only had one DVD player and he tried to watch but could never see it. Now he has a screen right in front of him. The picture below describes how he felt about it.
Miles loves and adores babies. He can't get enough and wont leave the alone. He has a magnet for them too, if there is a baby in the room he can find it. He will give them kisses, want to hold them, touch them, lay on them, cuddle with them, feed them, poke them etc. Watching him makes me very grateful I don't have a baby right now because I would never be able to put the poor baby down. However he is very cute with them and I enjoy watching how he lights up when he sees a baby. I am happy he loves babies and has a kind heart.
| This is Grandma Taylor's baby doll. |
| Blake, Miles and Addy. |
Miles is full of energy and personality. I am grateful for him everyday and the love he brings into our home.
1 comment:
Oh my goodness look at how big he looks. It's been a while since I've seen his picture. What an adorable little man you have!
Post a Comment