Monday, January 16, 2012

the first snow of the year!


It finally happen! We went 56 days without any snowing....breaking the previous record of 54 days. I was happy and somewhat surprised to see a little white blanket covering the ground. Brielle was elated she could finally play in the snow. As soon as she was done eating her breakfast she asked if she could go and play. She was so excited she was even willing to wear a hat (I told her no, I just curled her hair).
We didn't get much snow but it was better than nothing. We didn't care, we were able to pull snow gear out and we played! Unfortunately we couldn't play too long. We had to take Brielle to joy school (much to my surprise Sparks had more snow than we did!).
The kids first reaction (of course I couldn't capture both their faces at the same time):
Brielle
Miles
Just a few minutes into playing I heard a thud and looked over to see Miles face planted into the ground. Poor kid, that had to hurt.
Brielle didn't forget that you should eat snow.....yummy!
Much to my surprise Brielle asked of she could do a snow angel. I didn't know she knew what that was. Of course I let her!
Exploring
Just the right amount of snow to slide a little bit better on the car.
Of coarse it's too much work to ride it back up the hill.
Miles attempted a ride too.
Matt removed the lights last week but didn't get a chance to put them away. Not sure why today was the first day Miles saw the lights but he was excited to see them. He walked back and forth between the piles
After dropping Brielle off to joy school we came back and played at my parents house. Silly little boy was more interested in the rain gutter and the run-off then the white stuff called snow! He really couldn't get enough of it.
Of course he had to spalsh and make a mess. It was just too much fun.
He was playing next to the wall until my Dad started the truck with the automatic starter. This startled Miles a little and he jumped onto the wall for safety.
Who cares if it's snowing, why not go for a truck ride?
After picking Brielle up, we stayed outside for a little while and played in the snow. Brielle liked having more snow to play in.

No comments: