Saturday, October 16, 2010

bishops pumpkin patch

There were several families from our ward that were going to Bishops pumpkin patch in California. It sounded like a great opportunity to hang out and get to know these families better. Matt was able to switch his day off and we decided to go.
Matt had asked (for at least a week) where exactly we were going. I thought I told him but I guess not. Friday night we were laying in bed and I told him the website so he could get the exact address. He then informed me that it was only about 30 minutes away from Brian's house. Dang it! If I knew that we would have gone down that night and stayed with Brian and Crystal. I called and asked if they wanted to go but Brian had to work on the car because it broke down and he needed to fix it.
We headed out pretty early and arrived around nine. We meet up with the Ballinghams(they go every year). We had them take charge since we didn't know what we were doing. They said it would be best to do the train ride early and then the hayride out to the pumpkin patch (so glad we did cause the line was pretty long by the time we left). We wanted to wait to do any of those events until we met up with the McCombs family. While we waited until they arrived we decided to check out the animals. Brielle loved seeing all the animals. It was funny because the goats were fighting and she stuck out her finger and said, "no fight!"
We are on the cool bus!

My adventurous child, going down on her tummy
They had a baby pig. So cute!
When Brielle is trying to get someones attention (especially animals) she will lean forward like she is doing here.
We had to stick with the baby goats because the adults were fighting, didn't need Brielle to get hit
Our first stop was the train. Brielle was ecstatic to go for a train ride. It's a pretty impressive ride too.
The gang
It had a tunnel that of course Matt and Brielle had to scream in.
Heading out to the pumpkin patch
Exploring....trying to find the best pumpkin
Why pick one when you can have a whole truck full??
I really liked this pumpkin patch because there were so many things to do and majority of it was free! One of the fun activities was the straw jump. It was pretty fun

The Ballinghams brought a wagon with them and boy did Brielle LOVE to sit in it.
Another super cute activity was the pig races. I thought we would show up and they would race a few pigs and call it good. Oh no! It's this big production with a show and then races and they have members of the audience come up and be cheerleaders for their pig. It's a big deal.
waiting patently for the show to start
Silly girl
Let me explain. I had the perfect picture with Brielle watching the pigs as they were jumping over a hurdle. You could see her face and the pig. However this kid (who was old enough to know he was suppose to sit) ran through me picture BOTH times! I was SO mad. Matt said he was tempted to trip the kid the second time around but that was not Christ like behavior. Oh well.

They had HUGE pumpkins there.
They keep the HUGE pumpkins inside the area of the train. I wanted to take one home but didn't want to pay the price.
This pumpkin was perfect for Miles.



We decided to leave a little early so we could swing by Brian and Crystal's house on our way home. It was an enjoyable drive to their house while the kiddos slept. It wont be long before Brian and Crystal move home so we had to see the nursery before they left (and see them of course). We couldn't stay long due to our adult stake conference meeting was that night and Elder Perry was there!
Our babies are getting SO big.



We had a wonderful time and were so pleased the weather was nice. I decided we have a new family tradition. I enjoyed everything about today.
When I got home my mom informed me we use to go down to Bishops every year when I was little. I don't remember AT all which isn't too surprising.....my memory stinks.

No comments: