Sunday, September 5, 2010

Miles baby blessing

We decided to do Miles baby blessing the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend because the Rushing and Paul Taylor family would be in town. We originally were going to keep it low key and just invite immediate family, but what fun is that?
Last minute I was feeling so guilty that my extended family didn't know that I was making phone calls to tell everyone just days before.
We ended up with a wonderful loving supportive group. In fact we took up 5 + benches. On top of that, Scott Knight was there (didn't even know he was in town)! It was wonderful. I love the support shown to our family.
We had around 55 people (all but 4 were family) show up for our lunch after the blessing. I was trying to do something simple and decided on lasagna. Little did I know I set myself up for more work because I didn't have enough ovens to cook them. However it all worked out and it was an enjoyable meal.

The gang that came to the house.

Funny faces.

Avery 5 months, Eva 10 weeks old and Miles 8 weeks old
We didn't get any pictures of Miles on his blessing day so Brian took some the next day for us.

Miles 8 weeks old






Eva was blessed on the same day my dad was released from his calling as a Bishop 8/29/10. We figured it would be fun to get the cousins pictures in their blessing outfits. Boy this was challenging to get a good pose. These pictures required Crystal and I to sit behind the backdrop and hold the babies while Brian and Erin posed them. Let's just say we had a nice arm workout by the end of the session. Thanks Brian for taking the pictures.


No comments: