Our balloon weekend started off at home Friday morning. We woke up to hot air balloons surrounding the house. It was an amazing site. I had a flashback from my childhood when the balloons would make it over to our house and a few landed in the road or the field. We watched them for awhile and then decided we better wake up Brielle before she misses them all. Matt woke her up and showed her the balloons through the window. Then she asked Matt to take her outside to see them. A balloon landed in the cul-da-sac next to use. We were hoping if we went over they would tether the balloon and give us a ride. However we took too long to jump in the truck and they were already breaking the balloon down when we arrived. We talked to the crew and watched them break the balloon down.
Matt wanted to drive by the park and show Brielle more balloons. On our way over we made a detour and chased several balloons around the mountains. We stopped and watched one balloon land. While he was landing Matt informed me he wanted to go down and help them. I discouraged him saying they already had a chase crew and they probably didnt want his help. He decided to go anyway, just to see. While they were waiting for the crew I ventured down to take some pictures. The pilot caused the flame to go and it freaked Brielle out. She kept saying, "Mama! HOT!" Much to my surprise they wanted Matt to help and were very grateful for his help. At that moment Matt was really glad we just watched that other balloon break down because he understood how they were going to load the basket.
That night Matt put Brielle down for bed. He told her she needed to go to bed because in the morning we were going to see the balloons. She fell asleep but woke up three times asking to go see the balloons. At one point she told Matt she needed her sunglasses and they needed to see balloons. Matt kept telling her it was still night time and the balloons were asleep. She would get really sad and start crying saying, "No Dada! Balloons! I see Balloons!" Matt had to take her outside to show her there weren't any balloons and they were night night.
I kept yelling at them to land in on our street, they just barely missed us.
You can see Matt and Brielle on the top left watching the crew break the balloon down
The balloon Matt was anxious to help with.
I made Matt take Brielle with him because I knew they weren't going to need his help
I thought Brielle would be excited about the flame but I was wrong.
She started to whine and cry a little.
Matt is the one kneeling down at the top of the tarp. They have to lay down tarps in order to protect the balloon.
After the flame Brielle wanted to go back up with me. I had to stay close to the truck because Miles was asleep in his carseat.
They put Matt up front to help lift the very HEAVY basket. This basket can carry 7 people! Most only hold 2-3 people.
Saturday morning we left the house around 6:30. Brielle was SO excited to see the balloons. She kept asking where they were and telling us she wanted to see them. When we arrived she was elated. We meet up with John Llyod and his daughter-in-law Julie with her two kids (it was there first time!). We decided to go out into the field and watch all the balloons fill up and take off (my favorite part) It's an amazing site. We chose a perfect spot because we look up and there is the Nash family, Don Ross family, and several people from our old ward. It was a great social moment. Brielle couldn't get enough of all the balloons.
After the park we had the Nash family come over to the house and Matt and Zach cooked breakfast. It was SO yummy.

After the park we had the Nash family come over to the house and Matt and Zach cooked breakfast. It was SO yummy.
In memory of the victims of 9/11
Matt had Brielle on his back and I had Miles in the baby bjorn. We arrived in style.
The facial expressions of Brielle:
Brielle, Matt, Zach, Brookie, Tyler, Miles, Danielle
Nash family
Taylor family: Miles 2 months old Brielle 21 months
Cousins-Ty 5, Brielle, Brookie 7
Seth, Sam, Chris, Taylor, Jacob, Don, Matt, Brielle, Miles and Danielle
"Mama, bright!"
All the balloons left the park and headed North.
On our way out we ran into the Jolley family. KK and Brielle were happy to see each other.
Time to eat!
Sunday we decided to get up and do the glow show, and dawn patrol. We waited till Sunday because my parents were on a corvette trip and got home Saturday. It was the first time Dad said he would go. I made him stick to his word and we meet at the Raley's parking lot at 4:45 AM. Brian and Crystal were in town and they met up with us too, along with Mona and Noah. Perm and Erin were supposed to be there but they didn't wake up.
It was SO fun having everyone around. Brielle was super excited to see Balloons in the dark. She was such a trooper through it all. Miles slept most the morning. We had some camera issues during the dawn patrol but we still enjoyed the show. Erin called in the middle of it and asked if it was worth coming. I told her we planned on watching the balloons take off, so she could make it for that.
While we were waiting for Perm and Erin, Matt took Brielle with him to check out things. Next thing I know I am getting a phone call from Matt saying the same balloon he helped Friday needed his help again today. I guess when the pilot saw him he got really excited and said, "You must be God sent." They had a small crew as it was but two of them got food poising and they only had one guy on their chase team.
The pilot (John) had Matt help hold the neck of the balloon while it was inflating. It was such a neat experience. Then they asked him if he could join the chase crew. He was hesitant because Perm was talking in my parents ward at 9:00. Scottie-the chase crew member said he would take Matt to wherever he needed to go if he could stay and help. We decided it was best that he provide service (justifying our actions). We hung around the park for awhile watching all the balloons. The weather was PERFECT-no wind. Majority of the balloons didn't even leave the park. They would drop their bean bag and land in the park.
Eventually we had to leave. I carried Brielle and Miles back to the car and headed to Raleys to drop dad off. As soon as Brielle hit that car seat she was asleep. Poor girl, it was already a long morning for her. We made it to my parents house around 8:30. I threw on my clothes, dressed Miles and then Brielle. Right before we were leaving Matt showed up and we made it to church on time.
Matt said next year John (the pilot) asked him to come and help again. Maybe we will get lucky and score a ride. We will see. However, we had a great balloon weekend. The most involved I have ever been. Brielle was sad the balloons went away. She asks for them often. Luckily I videotaped some of the balloons so she likes to watch them. What a great year.
It was SO fun having everyone around. Brielle was super excited to see Balloons in the dark. She was such a trooper through it all. Miles slept most the morning. We had some camera issues during the dawn patrol but we still enjoyed the show. Erin called in the middle of it and asked if it was worth coming. I told her we planned on watching the balloons take off, so she could make it for that.
While we were waiting for Perm and Erin, Matt took Brielle with him to check out things. Next thing I know I am getting a phone call from Matt saying the same balloon he helped Friday needed his help again today. I guess when the pilot saw him he got really excited and said, "You must be God sent." They had a small crew as it was but two of them got food poising and they only had one guy on their chase team.
The pilot (John) had Matt help hold the neck of the balloon while it was inflating. It was such a neat experience. Then they asked him if he could join the chase crew. He was hesitant because Perm was talking in my parents ward at 9:00. Scottie-the chase crew member said he would take Matt to wherever he needed to go if he could stay and help. We decided it was best that he provide service (justifying our actions). We hung around the park for awhile watching all the balloons. The weather was PERFECT-no wind. Majority of the balloons didn't even leave the park. They would drop their bean bag and land in the park.
Eventually we had to leave. I carried Brielle and Miles back to the car and headed to Raleys to drop dad off. As soon as Brielle hit that car seat she was asleep. Poor girl, it was already a long morning for her. We made it to my parents house around 8:30. I threw on my clothes, dressed Miles and then Brielle. Right before we were leaving Matt showed up and we made it to church on time.
Matt said next year John (the pilot) asked him to come and help again. Maybe we will get lucky and score a ride. We will see. However, we had a great balloon weekend. The most involved I have ever been. Brielle was sad the balloons went away. She asks for them often. Luckily I videotaped some of the balloons so she likes to watch them. What a great year.
Crystal, Brian and Eva (2 months old)
Dad, Matt, Brielle, Danielle and Miles
Dawn patrol
He woke up after feeding
We all were brave and woke up super early. We had a good time.
My lil man has such a cute smile:










No comments:
Post a Comment