Monday, July 6, 2009

Sierra City

I am starting to get a little tired of the Valley so I have been whining that I want to get out and do something. On his day off Matt took me to Sierra City, California. The drive was very pretty. Brielle slept all the way down and most the way back. I am not sure she was feeling very good (her eyes always give me an indication on how she feels). As a result we didn't get out and discover much of the towns we were driving through. When Brielle did wake up we played in the River for a little while and had lunch. The lunch environment was beautiful, it had a lovely stream running down the middle of the outdoor restaurant. On our way home I really wanted to go hiking at Cottonwood Creek (as a little girl we use to camp and hike there all the time). We turned where the sign said Cottonwood Creek but we never found it. Needless to say our outing turned into just a car ride there and back but I sure did enjoy getting out of the house and away from Reno for a little while.

The scenery from our drive and the River we played in

I like Brielle's facial expression.
This was her typical look all day.
We didn't capture too many smiles that day but she remained pleasant.

She likes playing in the River.

Our little family! Brielle was too interested in the River than anything else.
Lunch time. The environments was so peaceful but the food was ok.

The stream running through lunch

No comments: