Friday, February 18, 2011

Fun in the snow with the Nash family

Mom and Dad left for Utah on Thursday in between storms. Thursday afternoon it started to snow and it didn't stop. Matt went and cleaned the commercial lots and didn't get home until after 11.

It snowed all night and Matt got up at 4:30AM to do snow duty.Matt and I had babysitting arrangements for Aunt Corrinne to watch the kids while Matt was at work but I ended up calling in. Due to the amount of snow fall all schools were cancelled. I called Julie and made plans to get together with her family and play.
I waited till mid-morning until I ventured out to their house. By then the roads weren't bad at all but it was still snowing. There wasn't any wind which kept the temperatures mild despite the snow falling. Brielle was super excited to be playing with her cousins.
Miles 7 months and Addy 4 months

not sure why that picture didn't turn, sorry

Addy is talking so much, Miles starts to laugh and roll his wrist when he sees her. I think they are going to be good friends

Brielle is in an ANTI picture stage, so I had Julie get the camera ready and I dropped her in place. However as you can see I didn't get out of the picture in time. The poor babies weren't too sure about it either. Miles was hungry and wasn't in the mood either.

I have some seriously cute pictures with Brookie and my kids.
Our snow fun began in the front yard where we played in the snow and built a snowman. We pulled out the car seat and exersaucer for the babies to watch while we played. It kept Miles occupied and happy that he had toys and could watch everyone, and Addie was so warm and toastie in her snowsuit she took a nap.
Brielle didn't really get the concept of rolling the snow. She just wanted to destroy a snowman. She kept asking if she could smash of stomp it.



Brookie was packing the snow and so Brielle followed her lead

But then she thought it was better to try to knock it over and so she would body slam the snowman trying to "smash it"

The Nash family. Addie slept through the pictures

Miles had his eyes on the snowman's nose

I think he wasn't to eat it.

Happy Days!
We headed inside to eat some lunch before we went sledding. Meanwhile Zach was busy building a carrier for the snowman to hold Addy.
Dang, why didn't this turn? Tyler was super cute with Miles.

Brielle was excited to jump on the trampoline with snow

Miles was nice and cozy on the tube

YIPPEE another sibling picture. Zach did a great job building the carrier.

I LOVE this picture.
There is a little hill by Julie and Zacs that we went to. It was perfect! Just steep enough to get some speed, but not too steep that it was hard to climb (even Brielle climbed it on her own) and we were the only ones there. Julie was super smart and had me put Miles in the baby carried (Addie was STILL asleep). I ended up doing a few runs with both Miles and Brielle. Then Brielle watched Brookie and Tyler go so she wanted to do it on her own. However the section of the hill I put her own wasn't too enough. She wanted to climb the really steep part and go down by herself. Julie was hesitant and said she wasn't responsible if something happen. But she did great. When Zach stopped her at the bottom of the hill she was laughing and said, "I do it by myself. I go fast! I do it again!"  We had so much fun. Miles did fantastic hanging out, in fact he fell asleep. We went sledding for over an hour.


Zach had to stop us or else we would have headed right into the ditch.

We headed back to the Nash home and had some hot chocolate. By then Matt was done with shoveling snow and I packed up the kids and headed over to my parents house where we were going to celebrate Perms birthday and pull out the four wheeler.

No comments: