Sunday, August 1, 2010

July blessings

This month has been full of miracles and blessings. So I have decided to write down everything I can recall from the month.

1. Eva was 10 days old when I received a message from Brian saying they are taking Eva to the hospital, her respiratory rate had changed and it was worrying them. During this time California was having a breakout of whooping cough a.k.a. Pertussis. So Brain gave her a blessing before they left and by the time they made it to the hospital to see a nurse, Eva's oxygen level was 100% and breathing better.

2. Miles being a week early. While in labor I thought it was a blessing because it meant we could adjust a little more before Perm came home. But as things progressed we realized it was a good because he didn't weigh as much as he could have-meaning there wasn't as much stress on the umbilical cord. It also meant my mom was able to be there in the delivery room and I didn't have the stress of my mom's situation while trying to deliver and I was able to be there for my mom during the worst time of her life.

3. The anaesthesiologist didn't check with the nurse prior to administering more anesthesia. This meant I could stay in the labor room and not be taken into surgery. Also meant that I was able to stay with my family and baby and begin to bond with my child.

4. The fact the Dr. Chotnier received the phone call from St Marys just moments before Renown called him. This meant he was at my bedside and I didn't have to wait for him and the baby didn't have to be put in any more stress. He was able to take care of the situation instead of a nurse.

5. The fact that I only pushed TWICE placing little to no stress on Miles and allowed those frail membranes to stay intact until it no longer mattered.

6.The fact that I had a D&C which meant I didn't bleed much postpartum and I wasn't weak from being anemic. At first I thought this was a blessing because I was stressing out about Perm coming home and me feeling SO yucky. But really it meant I could have the strength I needed for what was to come with my mom.

3. The impression I had that I was getting an infection and was able to get on antibiotics before the weekend and before my parents car accident.

4. Miles was and is such a good baby. Having a very sleepy and calm baby as well as a good breastfeeder allowed me to focus more on my mom and her needs without feeling too overwhelmed with a new baby. He was able to bring peace and love into the home.

5. The car accident was severe enough that it hurt my mom forcing her to go to the hospital but not causing harm to my dad nor the other driver. The fact that she didn't break any bones and provided us the opportunity to be enlightened on what is happening to my moms body.

6. The people that were placed in our lives: the ER triage nurse that pushed my mom to the front of the line, the hospitalist that was my moms old violin student, my mom saying she already had a room waiting for her which confused the ER but allowed her to get to the room faster, Tara being charge nurse the night my mom was in the accident and helping me figure out what to suggest to my mom and saving her a room and keeping the hospital up to date, the oncologist that was assigned to my mom whose nurse practitioner is Uncle Don's high school buddy (connections are good)-she provided a little insight of what the doctor was thinking-what to hope for etc, Roger Mooney leaving late for girls camp and being able to stop and help with my parents and the girls camp situation, Susan the Oncology Manager whose passion is to make the cancer ride a little smoother and working her magic while she is on vacation to schedule the MRI for an earlier day in the week, Eddie (Roger Mooneys friend who works in Radiology at St. Marys) who worked his magic and was able to schedule the bone biopsy earlier, the speakers who kept to their topic of the blessing of fasting during sacrament.

7. The fact that the car accident happened right before Brian was to go back to work from paternity leave. This allowed him to take more time off and spend the week with the family.

8.The fact that we were able to get the results that it wasn't cancer before my parents went on their big Scandinavian trip.

9. The strength the Lord blessed me with. I had so much energy and strength despite having a baby less than a week earlier, sleepless nights and dealing with postpartum hormones. I was able to function and maintain and endure the emotional two weeks of the unknown with my mom.

10. Brielle adjusted well with the baby and behaving well despite the break in routine and the crazy emotions.

11. The fact that mom did so well during the MRI and being drugged enough that she was able to sleep and feel better the next day.

12. The love and support shown by everyone. The fact that little kids fasted and prayed for my mom. The lifting of this impending doom due to the fast, prayers and faith of so many people. This allowed us to cope and function so much better the rest of the week.

No comments: