Thursday, August 12, 2010

Miles is a month old!

Miles has been such a blessing in our lives. Due to the circumstances of my mom and the cancer scare I feel I have neglected him a little. However, he has been such a calm, and peaceful baby which has allowed me to manage both my mom and him. He has spent most his life so far at my moms house and he is been ok with that.

I can't believe he is already a month old. I feel I have adjusted pretty quick with having two kids. The hardest thing is trying to go places and juggling the loading and unloading. Brielle has adjusted so well with him which makes me happy.

A couple of my friends babies were born a week after Miles both had premature babies. It has been hard for me to watch my friends go through these struggles. It has made me gain a greater appreciation for a healthy child especially considering "what could have been" with Miles. I sometimes think how lucky I am that nothing happen to him and he was out of the womb before we discovered there were problems. I still feel he is a miracle in my life.

It's only been the last week or so that I haven't been as concerned that something was wrong with him. I am still waiting for him to interact more before I feel we are safe. Brielle was just so different that I don't know if this is normal and not. I have a hard time trusting the doctors when they say the pregnancy should not affect him.

I learned a lot from having Brielle and so I have pumped a lot already. I remember we were running out of milk with Brielle and I didn't want that same experience with Miles. I am grateful for modern technology because that pump has saved me more than once.

I have learned his tired cry so I have tried to let him cry it out. Sometimes I do well with it and other times I don't (really it comes down to if I am busy with Brielle or not). He has cried himself asleep which shows me I should let him sooth himself (because he can). He already is such a better sleeper than Brielle so I would like that to continue.






This is the only time I see him smile...in his sleep







The bili blanket was so small but so blinding. I am grateful I didn't have to deal with that much

Our failed attempt at trying to capture his prints


He puts his legs in the most twisted and crazy positions.

Legs up are his favorite way to sleep


A smile!


Since most his life so far has been at my parents, so was his first bath. We put Brielle in with him and she FREAKED out. I don't know if its because it was a different bath tub or because Miles was with her. I was shocked with her reaction. However, Miles loved it and didn't complain.




Things he is doing:
-Spits my nipple out when he is done eating and smacks his lips.
-Takes forever to burp-it's so long I would like to give up but it hurts him if he doesn't burp.
-Can't tell you how many times I have been peed on. Erin a couple times too (now she doesn't want to change his diaper).

-He is the pooping king! Poops, change diaper and immediately poops again-the record 5 times in 20 minutes.
our first blow out

-sleeps all the time-seriously 22 hours. Makes me worried that something is wrong with him. Don't get me wrong I am grateful he sleeps but I am looking forward to seeing other signs indicating he is ok.


biggest scowler, can name on one hand how many times I have truly seen him smile. If he does smile it's the dream smile as he is drifting off to sleep.

He is a good eater-chokes all the time because there is too much milk-detaches and squirts milk everywhere (this is a first for me). He is the messiest eater too.
things that are different: let down is debilitating, massive milk production-10 oz in one boob! sleeps longer stretches through the night=already had several 5 and 6 hour stretches, has a more sensitive stomach-so far no food restrictions...well maybe spicy.
At one month he weighs 9.6 lbs (not bad!)


Papa's thumb and miles little foot.

He is AWAKE!










Happy one month Buddy!

No comments: