There are moments when I wonder what alien has taken over my daughter and this morning was one of those moments. She has become very set in her ways and it is difficult to make her do something is she doesn't want to. I have learned already I have to pick my battles but this morning was a battle I chose to fight.
Up to this moment our morning was great. Brielle was super cute playing her her baby doll. We had a snack and I bathed Miles while she played in the bathtub. Brielle was still in her pajamas and it was time to get dressed for the day. However she had other plans. So when I took off her PJ top and tried to put on another shirt, she started screaming and crying "NO SHIRT!" It took me forever to get her dressed because she kept trying to take the shirt off (and successful at that sometimes.) I had to literally pin her down and put her shirt on while she was kicking, screaming and crying. I then had to concern the pants.
Once she had the clothes on she was fine and we played in Miles room. It amazes me how quickly her mood can turn. I have to remind myself often that her mood swings are normally fairly quick and she is still easy distracted. But in the moment, it is hard to remember.
No comments:
Post a Comment