Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Bday

The traditions of my birthday didn't work out this year because my parents were out of town. So we didn't have our girl pictures taken or go out to lunch. With that said I was looking forward to a low key day.

My day started at 12:30 when my parents called and wished me Happy Birthday. I was so excited because they didn't think they were gong to be able to call. It was a great start to my day. I have really missed my parents. It has been really hard going from spending everyday waking moment to not having them around at all.

Miles gave me the best birthday present and slept for 6 hours and we all slept in till past 8! Then Matt made me such a yummy breakfast and gave me a dozen roses. I was going to wait to open my presents until after breakfast but Matt got called off to work. Between getting up late and Matt leaving I didn't get any time to get ready so my hair ended up in a ponytail-the start of my low key day!

Matt got back just in time for me to head of to my pedicure (last years birthday present from Matt). It was nice to spend a little time for myself and have some pretty toe nails.

I got home expecting to open presents but Matt had to head off to work. Julie and the kids came over and played for a little while. It was fun hanging out.

We were going to try to catch a movie in the afternoon but Brielle took a longer nap so that didn't happen. However I was able to do things around the house that I wanted to do-like blog. It was a very enjoyable afternoon.

That night Grandpa Hicks, Erin, and my little family loaded up and went to dinner. I specifically chose Claim Jumper for a specific dish I had in mind. I get there and its not on the menu anymore! I was so disappointed. I was very tempted to get up and go somewhere else. But we stayed and had a disappointing dinner. Oh well, the company was nice.

The night ended with the Jolley's coming over and wishing me a Happy Birthday. It was a great way to end the night. After the Jolley's left we finally had some time so I could open my gifts and card while Matt was around. Matt wrote the most kind words in my card. My parents gave me an external flash for my camera and Matt bought me a new lens! I am so excited to play.

Thanks everyone for the phone calls and Birthday wishes. I had a great day.


Matt served me breakfast in bed but I wanted to get up and eat with the family. So I literally rolled out of bed to eat.
My gifts from my parents and Matt.
Matt playing with the new lens-I was watching TV.

My first picture with my new lens. Miles fell asleep like this.

No comments: