Thursday, July 15, 2010

Our day together

My pediatrician was out of town so we were going to see Dr. Clark. Our appointment was at 10:20 and we barely made it there. It's going to take a little adjusting to two kids. My milk also came in this morning and I was defiantly remembering the fullness feeling.
They weighed him and found he was back to his birth weight. Dr. Clark was impressive with a weight gain, turned to me and said, "good job Mom!" He didn't feel it necessary to do any blood work today because there probably wouldn't be any change since he hasn't been under the light for very long. So he wrote an order to do blood work for first thing in the morning. He specifically asked me to have it done before 8AM. As we were getting Miles dressed the doctor walked back in and gave Brielle a sticker for being so good. What a nice guy!
We decided to stop at Home Depot on the way home to buy a fan for Miles room. Matt found one that made him think of planes and it went with the decor. We bought it and off home we went.
It was SO nice being home as our little family. Matt worked really hard to finish the nursery. I think he did an AWESOME job. I love it and hope Miles likes it, if not his sister sure does.
This morning I woke up a little achy and thought, this just isn't right. The thought came to mind that I may be running a fever but it is masked by the around the clock Motrin. I decided to try to stay off it when it was due and see what happen. I tried to take a nap but wasn't feeling very good, I just couldn't get comfortable and I was FREEZING! It was 100 degrees outside and I went out and sat on the porch to warm up. It felt SO good. I took my temperature and it was 99 something. I was aching everywhere, down to my bones. I had never felt that way. I HURT! I decided at that moment I better call my OB. Just my luck she was out of the office for the day but they wanted me to come in first thing Friday morning. I was fine with that and went back on my Motrin. Once it kicked in my temperature broke, I was able to take a nap and I felt good again.
The Jolley's brought dinner by late afternoon. It was fun showing off the baby to the kids. Each one of them got to hold the baby. They were our only visitors for the day.

I having being telling my mom and Matt about how different it is the second time around. I feel we have more support and love and service given unto us then we did with Brielle. Which is weird because we were expecting it the first time with Brielle and not with Miles. I also felt SO good that I felt bad having people help. However the support, love and service has been greatly appreciated and I feel so loved. It's been a great postpartum.
Here are pictures of the nursery completed.
I love the Aviator jacket hanging up.
The planes hanging from the ceiling-we have 4 of them surrounding the fan.

No comments: