After the ward party I went to Dillards because I heard there was an excellent sale, however it wasn't so excellent. I did get some cute, light weight clothes for breastfeeding. Matt was nice enough to take Brielle and get some grocery shopping done. I didn't have much time before the annual Ross family party so I hurried over to my parents to met up with Matt. Right as we were leaving Dad received a phone call asking for a blessing. I ended up taking Mom, Brielle and Gpa Hicks in the truck and Matt and Dad took off to do the blessing. The party didn't start right on time (thank goodness because we were even late). We were still eating when Matt and Dad showed up. It didn't take long before the kids wanted to get into the pool and play and the water fights began. The weather was perfect...not too hot. This year was unique because all the Norman Ross kids were home. We enjoyed eating and visiting with family. We didn't leave until after five. Brielle crashed as soon as we got in the truck.
We had to hurry home and get some clothes for a baptism that was happening at 6. Scott and Lori's twins were going to be baptized. Much to our surprise there were 12 kids that were baptized that night! Of course we were the last to go and so we didn't even leave the church until 8. None of us had eaten and we were starving. They had refreshments out at the Forbush's house which takes at least 20 min to get out there. We really wanted to stop and pick something up but I didn't want to take more time. They had snacky foods but it was better than nothing. We left the house around 9:40. Needless to say we had a very long day and we are all very tired from our day.
Sunday was a busy day too. I had to teach a lesson in Young Womens then we had a combine Hicks/Taylor dinner. Julie brought some sparklers for the kids-Brielle wasn't too sure about them. We hurried and cleaned up dinner and headed to downtown Sparks to watch the fireworks. This year was really fun because my dad actually went with us. I don't even know when the last time he came down with us. It was fun to watch him interact with Brielle. Brielle was so tired, she was laying on the blankets and playing with her cousins. Once the fireworks started she settled in with Julie and enjoyed the show. After the fireworks we packed up fast and tried to be the crowd. We ran as fast as we could, I was betting both Erin and Patty. However near the end my pubic symphasis let me know it wasn't too happy with me, and it did feel so great.
The next morning I had a hair appointment. I really wanted to go out to breakfast but settled for cereal. As I was walking out the door, Merlin called Matt and invited us to go to breakfast and the go swimming at the Nugget. I was very sad I was missing breakfast but later found out I didn't miss much, it wasn't very good and small portions. Brielle was tired and didn't swim long, she ended up taking a 3 hour nap that day.
No comments:
Post a Comment