On February 8th Brielle went poop on the toilet for the first time. She had already pooped in her diaper but as I was changing her she asked to go poop on the toilet. She was able to poop a little more on the toilet with a little seat cover. We were all excited, it was a big moment. We made sure we made it a big deal and reward her with skittles (she also asked for fruit snacks which she did get). She has done that one other time since then, normally she will ask to sit on the toilet and grunt and try to go but there is nothing left.
She thinks she shouldn't have any pants on when we sit on the toliet. She likes to sit on the toilet (without the cover) and look for her poop. She will look between her legs until her face almost touches the toilet seat and behind her. She will ask where it is and I'll tell her it's still in her, she has not pooped. So now she will ask where is it and again I will say she has not pooped and she will reply, "it's still in my body." She likes to play on the toilet and asks to touch the water. When she gets off the toilet she tries to stick her head between the seat and look. She likes to slam the cover down and flush the toilet. As she does this I sit and think, you are too young to potty train if I am constantly going to have to tell you "no don't touch the water," or "no we don't stick our head in the toilet." Just thinking about this in a public restroom just mortifies me.
Today was a new experience. Again she pooped in her diaper and then asked to sit on the toilet. She sat there for a little and then wanted to rest. So I am holding her up under her arms while she rests her head on my arms. Im thinking here we go again, nothing is going to happen. So I sit there with her when all of a sudden she gets all excited, "Mom my poop is coming!" Then she lays her head back down so she can watch her poop fall into the water. "Look Mom at all that poop!" At one point she is holding onto my hands and is straining and I flash forwarded 20+years and thought, this is what I will be doing when you are birthing your child.
My writing it doesn't even come close to the experience I had with her. It was pretty funny. Me sitting on the stool in front of her while she is resting and chillin on the toilet doing her thing. I guess I am glad she is so comfortable on a big toilet. I am glad she likes to poop in the toilet, now if I could only get her to pee in it I will feel like I could potty train.
I must say motherhood is such an adventure.
No comments:
Post a Comment