I have always had a pretty 'loose' routine. A general time frame for meals and naps. More often than not Brielle would dictate when things happen. When I started taking Brielle to playgroup/pre-school I have tried to do lunch around 11:30-12ish and naps right after. Dinner was close to 6:00 and bedtime was around 8 and she would normally fall asleep around 8:30-8:45ish.
Within the last week or so she has created a new routine. One that has become very strict. Lunch needs to be at 11:30, a nap and a movie when she wakes up. Then dinner has to be at 5:30 or earlier, bath, stories, prayers, scriptures and cuddle and the new bedtime is 7:00. Now if I don't stick to this routine she become a terror and it's really a nightmare if dinner is late. Now the challenge is Miles likes to take a nap right around 4:30. So I am rushing to get him down and cooking dinner before Brielle falls apart. This is easier said than done. By the time dinner is done (or earlier) Miles is awake and ready for dinner as well.
Now Miles he is taking three naps anywhere between 9:00-9:30, after lunch and again at 4:30 (almost on the dot). He is not a big fan of eating baby pureed food and wants everything we are eating. When he doesn't want something he will put his nose up in the air or turn away from it. If we still aren't getting the clue he starts to cry. He likes to have a sippy cup and will indicate to you when he wants a sip. With this change in desire I am having to think of foods that will also be easy to feed him.
I feel like I am marching to a beat that I am struggling to keep up with. It's such a hard schedule for me but it works wonders for my kids. I thought I didn't have a social life, but this has solidified it for me. Matt doesn't really get any time with the kids before they are off to bed and when I work I don't see them at all. It also requires us to really think and plan ahead. It's so biazzare for me to be thinking about dinner around 3:00.
So if anyone has some really good, fast, kid friendly meals they would like to send my way I would appreciate it.
No comments:
Post a Comment