Time is flying by. I have loved being able to stay home with my little man and watch him grow. This month he has changed so much. Normally we would be at a point where we would have to transition him into his own room (because I have to go back to work) but I don't have to yet (Yippee!). So he is still sleeping in our room but he sleeps in the co-sleeper. He has hardly if ever slept with us in bed (I think we are too scared something is going to happen because we are sound sleepers).
 |
| The first time he fell asleep on his own. It's hard work hanging out. |
 |
| Miles and Daddy at Bishops Pumpkin Patch |
Miles personality is shining through more and more. He is still a layed back, chill, happy-go-lucky, smiley baby. He is starting to lose his hair (oh boy and am I losing hair too-WAY more than I did with Brielle....I think I am going to go bald). I am not sure if he is going to lose all his hair or not, he is starting to thin on the sides. It saddens me to see all the hair in his co-sleeper when I pick him up.
 |
| Look close at the side, you can see it balding |
 |
| He still isn't a big fan of holding his head up |
We sure have enjoyed having Miles in our home. He sure brings so much love. He is just a bundle of joy.

He will only tolerate being in a sitting position for a short time. He is SO stiff. I have to force him to bend so he can sit. He just wants his legs to be straight.
During the month we have been able to celebrate his first Halloween. It was SO fun to dress him up. We did a photo session and got a few cute pictures.

The month of October we took advantage of the fact that I still was on maternity leave and so I was able to do so many Halloween/Fall outings with him.
 |
| We went out to Lattin Farms in Fallon, I think the squash was as big as his leg. |
 |
| He woke up just in time for some pictures, lucky him. |
 |
| heading out to the pumpkin patch |
 |
| Our first bug! We found a caterpillar and Miles was pretty curious |
 |
| Our first theme park ride. OK not really, they are being pulled by an ATV |
His muscles are getting stronger. He rolled over from front to back at 3 months and 9 days old.
and he is able to sit up a little more. He is still unsteady and needs something to hold him up.
Another first was trick-or-treating in Fallon. It was fun taking him door to door but then it started to get too cold. We came in and hung out with his cousin Addy.
 |
| Miles and Addy (one month) |
 |
| I suppose he became so warm and cozy he thought he would take a cat nap, or he was tired of me taking a million pictures. |
 |
| They both crashed. SO CUTE! |
 |
| Aunt Julie thought she would win the "favorite" card and give him sucker. Of course he immediately put it in his mouth and then Mom had to be the bad guy and take it away. |
 |
| After the sucker was taken away, he was out to get something else. |
 |
| Grandpa, Grandma, Daddy and Miles after Treat-or-Treating in Fallon |
A big difference between Miles and Brielle is the drool. He is still drooling. People keep telling me he is trying to get teeth and I keep praying they are wrong.
>> | >
| He is starting to drool and drench his shirts (Brielle didn't really do that) |
Another fun fall outing was to go play in the leaves. He had his face in them more than anything. He must have been tired because he did not want to lift his head up much.
 |
| He doesn't really like being on his belly and lifting his head, but occasionally he will |
Miles has some new tricks he likes to show off. One of them includes stick his tongue out:

Another trick is to blow bubbles (which essentially means more drool).
He still doesn't take a pacifier very often (I keep tryin) but he does like his fingers. He has his fingers in his mouth ALL the time. I am starting to wonder if I am going to have a thumb/finger sucker.
Even though both families have several babies right now, he still gets plenty of love and attention. How can you not pay attention to such a cute baby?
 |
| Grandma Ross is always asking, "How old is he?" |
 |
| Grandma Taylor and Miles |
 |
| My mom was happy to give him some lovin after her trip from China. |
 |
| Grandpa Hicks and Miles |
A few other fun things he is doing:
-Loves books. I put a book in front of him and he scans the pages and pats at the book.
-Grabbing toys and my necklace
-doing sit ups
-On November 11th he did this:
 |
He is growing up too fast! First it's rolling over now sitting on his own
My little man, we love you!
 |
No comments:
Post a Comment