Today Matt and I are celebrating our 8th year of marriage. I originally told my Dad I wanted to kidnap Matt and go do something. I had already arranged Perm to be home so he could watch the kids. However, it snowed that day and Matt needed to get up and help do snow removal. On the flip side of it, he was able to come home in the afternoon and we decided to stay home and play with the kids. This was the first time Matt has been home early enough to play in the snow when the sun was still out. He built a little ramp so the kids could go sledding. Matt went with Miles while Brielle went down SEVERAL times on her own. It was so fun to watch her get excited and have fun. She would get off the sled and say, "I wanna do it again."
Brielle had a ball playing in the snow. She was so excited to touch and feel the snow with her bare hands. I was having a hard time keeping her gloves on her. In fact (bad Mommy moment here) she ended up not wearing them most of the time. Her poor little hands were bright red and near the end they were starting to hurt her (I did attempt several times to put them on).
| She couldn't get enough of the snow |
| She loved how it felt on her skin and was excited to eat it. |
Even Brielle went and had a good time until....
They hit some powder...
And it flew in their face....
And she was COVERED in it
And she couldn't stop it
It was one wild ride
Poor Matt didn't wear his proper snow attire and got pretty wet.
Even Perm face planted while going down
I had Matt take Brielle again, just so she wasn't afraid. Her face is priceless....but she went
Even I got to go a couple of times and had a blast.
By the time we were done, Brielle was frozen to the bone. She had the unpleasant experience of the painful, tingly pins and needle feeling as her hands were defrosting and she cried. We couldn't get her to calm down until we bundled her all up with coats and blankets and let her watch a movie. Then she was pretty happy.
So our anniversary didn't really go as planned and we never did go out. We had a great time being together as a family. It was a treat having Matt home for the afternoon. I am the luckiest women alive to have such an amazing husband who is dedicated to her family. Each year of marriage gets better and better. Happy Anniversary my love.
No comments:
Post a Comment