Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

I originally was scheduled to work Thanksgiving Day but luckily a co-worker called and wanted to switch days with me. I was more than willing to give up my holiday pay so I would be with my family on Thanksgiving.
The holidays are so hard trying to accommodate both families. Sometimes I feel it doesn't matter what we do, one or both sides of the family are disappointed because the lack of time we spend with them. Today was no different. I anticipated on going to my parents house in the morning and hanging out with them before the big family gathering at my grandparents. However, Miles took a long morning nap and I didn't get a chance to get over there too early. Then we were limited on the time we could spend up at Grandma and Grandpa's because we needed to leave for Fallon.
I was AMAZED at how many of my cousins were actually there for Thanksgiving: Scott and family, Phil and family, Andrew and Andrea, Mathew and Natalie. I was super sad we didn't have much time to visit. In fact I only had time to say hello (if that) before we left.
Having 6 kids in the Taylor family results in a pretty good family get together, even if some members were missing. Shawna didn't come down this year but everyone else was in attendance. We had our Thanksgiving feast at Grandma Millers and Marcella and family plus her mom and dad were down. We had a great time visiting with everyone.
As crazy as the day was I am grateful to have both families living so close. I am grateful to have wonderful, loving, cute kids who make my heart melt and put a smile on my face. I am grateful for the most amazing man who loves and supports me 100% and does all that he can to make me happy. I am grateful to good health. I am also grateful to have Brian and Crystal back in town and Erin engaged, and a mother who is cancer free and still here with us. I have so many things to be grateful for and happy we have a day to celebrate our gratitude.

No comments: