Thursday, November 25, 2010

Pie making

I have missed out on our family tradition of making cranberry pie more often than not. With all of us in town this year I didn't want to miss out on our opportunity to make pie together. Normally we make the pies the day before Thanksgiving but I had to work. However that night (despite being super tired) I was bound and determined to gather the family together and participate in our annual pie making.
We didn't start till late in the evening because I had to put Miles down for bed. Matt was super nice and stayed with the kids and sent me over to make pies. Erin, Perm and Brian's family all gathered at Mom and Dads to make our pies. Due to the last minute decision, my mom (for the first time) didn't buy a ton of ingredients to make a lot of pies. However we did have enough for everyone to make at least one pie.
Even Eva participated and was excited to help
Notice who is getting a back rub.....Mom you are too good to me
We realized Crystal has never done the peanut brittle snake trick. When you open the jar, the snakes jump out at you. It was a great prank.
It was getting a little late and we were all going a little crazy.
We all got our creative juices flowing and created some fun designs out of the crest. I am so grateful everyone was willing to gather together so late and enjoy some pie making.
Dad created a turkey. I think it turned out really good
Crystal did an amazing job on hers
Erin represented her country lovin and Perm payed tribute to the UNR football team who has had an amazing season this year.
Even though we did have a late night, we had a great time hanging out and making pies.

No comments: