We really haven't had a wet winter and when it snows it is gone by noon. Therefore, I try to take every opportunity to go play. Today, it meant Brielle missed joy school because she was having too much fun.
To start off I must admit I wonder why I even try. It's a battle to get them dressed and out the door. Since this wasn't our first snow, I finally had all the snow gear in a pile and ready to go. I started with Miles and didn't put his coat, hat or gloves on until until I was finished with Brielle. I knew before I could even finish getting Brielle dressed she would begin to cry saying she was hot. Sure enough Brielle didn't disappoint and before her coat, gloves or hat was on she wasn't happy. I quickly finished her off and sent her outside to play while I finished with Miles.
Miles and I didn't take very long to get out the door but Brielle was already laying and rolling all over the snow. I think she was happy to get more then just a trace of snow.
We did have enough snow to make a little snow hill which I was grateful for. I wasn't looking forward to pulling both kids on the sled. As I was doing a few trial runs Brielle grew anxious to try it out. Once the sled stopped she would lay down again in the snow. I am not sure if she liked how the snow felt against her or if she was tired. It was still in the eight'o'clock hour so I didn't think she was tired.
Miles went down the sled hill a couple times with me and then I thought I would see if he would be willing to do it with Brielle. I was super happy he let her.
Miles didn't mind going by himself either. I just had to stand close to the curb just in case he fell.
After I went a couple times on my tummy Brielle thought it would be fun to try it on hers. She is going to be my adrenaline seeker.
Our neighbors kids had a delay start and Kaylynn came over to play. This made it easier to get a better picture of the two kids sledding. Before I had to push them at the top of the hill, run down and try to get a picture before they made it to the bottom. I am sure it was very entertaining for my neighbors to watch this.
The kids just enjoyed being outside and being in the snow.
| I swear he was enjoying himself. I guess he was in deep thought. |
| Eating the snow |
While my neighbor came to check on her daughter she was kind enough to take pictures for me. This way I could capture how we were really playing outside. Brielle loved standing on the sled while holding onto me as we sled down the hill.
| The sled goes off the curb and generally we would stay on the sled. But it was warming up and the snow was melting, we ended up falling off the sled after we went off the curb and hit the road. |
Kaylynn tried to put Miles and Brielle together on the slide but it lasted point two seconds. Miles leaned too forward and slipped right off. Brielle jumped back on the sled and went down while miles pushed himself down the hill.
Afterwards Miles hung out with me at the bottom of the hill while Brielle went up with Kaylynn. Brielle was loving it!
Brielle wouldn't stop and was super sad Kaylynn had to go to school and we had to go home.
| He kept sticking out his tongue. I finally figured out it was because he had snot running down and he was eating it. |
I told Brielle she should build a snowman. This year she actually did it! I was so excited.
We had used up the snow in the front yard so we moved to the back. It was interesting, the snow was totally different in the back. It was more of a powder like snow and depending on where you were there was just a tracing or a pile. It was really windy the night the storm rolled in so it tossed that snow everywhere. Because of this, my idea of building a bigger snowman in the back didn't work.
Being in the backyard with less sun meant it was a little chilly and the kids were done. It was a good thing, Poor Miles cheeks were BRIGHT red. We were outside for at least 3 hours. They were ready for lunch and bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment