The kids were excited to see snow but weren't too anxious to get out and play in it. I decided to let them play indoors until Eva came.
| Dog pile! Eva on bottom then Brielle then Miles. My kids were giving Eva a hug. |
My guess was right. It was Eva's first time in the snow. Crystal didn't want to have her cold so the poor girl had 2 snow suits on. She couldn't even walk.
She wasn't too sure what the "white" stuff was on the ground and didn't like that it was cold. Due to her inability to walk it didn't take her long to get frustrated and scared of the snow because when she would fall she would get wet and couldn't get up. I tried to make another snow hill but didn't do it right and so that was a bust. It was still snowing outside and the kids were not interested in being outside. They just wanted to go inside and play. I felt bad. Crystal drove all the way over to play in the snow and no one wanted to.
Matt called and said he was done shoveling snow so I decided to pack everyone up and head over to my parents house. I thought we could get the kids excited by doing something new.
I borrowed my parents neighbors tube and hooked it up to the 4-wheeler. I kept the kids inside while I had Matt be the plow and smash down all the snow so there wasn't snow flying in the kids face.
I was excited to take Miles but Brielle REFUSED to come out with us. So Miles and I jumped on the tube while we were waiting because Crystal was trying to get Eva dressed and Ayla takin care of.
It was still snowing a little which meant snow in the face. I was grateful Miles had a hat that covered most his face (come to find out it was on backwards, but it worked and kept his face from getting too cold). He wasn't too sure of the idea until Erin came out to watch and take pictures. He perked up and tolerated the sledding. It was super cute because every time we passed by Erin he would wave.
Once Crystal made it out, Miles and I jumped onto the ATV and rode while Matt drove Crystal and Eva around on the tube.
We would switch back and forth. Crystal would take Eva on the ATV while Miles and I went on the tube and vise versa. We were having a good time.
At one point we thought we could all go on the tube together. We made it to our first turn when I told Crystal to lean in. She didn't quite understand what I was saying so she leaned towards the outside of the tube and off the tube Miles and I went. However we did succeed in one full loop before I called it quites. My muscles were too tired trying to hold on.
We were about to go in when Brielle decided to finally come out. At first she just wanted to ride the ATV.
After watching Eva and Crystal she decided it looked fun and wanted to try. She asked if she could go all by herself and jumped inside the tube.
| She refused to wear gloves. |
| Grandpa Hicks leading Miles. |
I was so excited to have both my kids out there. Miles was not in the mood to go anymore but he was a trooper and let me take both him and Brielle around a loop.
It wasn't really planned to take a group picture but it evolved. I am happy we did catch everyone who was out there playing. Thanks Erin for taking the pictures.
| Gpa Hicks, Crystal, Eva, Miles, Danielle, Matt and Brielle |
As kids after we were done playing in the snow, we would always leave our clothes on the floor because my parents kitchen floor was heated. It would warm our clothes right up. I had to chuckle when I saw the floor.
| Had to take a picture for old time sake |
You hear the girls chuckle and talk. We peeked in a couple of times and I found Brielle in the co-sleeper with Eva and Brielle trying to help Eva escape. We let it go for some time then had to intervene. It was getting late and I needed Brielle to take a nap. Needless to say Brielle slept in a different room then Eva but they all took naps.
| Brielle thought she was pretty funny. |
| Our little cousin family will be growing soon. Can't wait for Erin to have her baby. Eva and Miles both 19 months, Ayla 3 months and Brielle 3 years old |
No comments:
Post a Comment