Saturday, February 11, 2012

Breakfast with the Taylors

Patty came into town and brought the girls with her. Prior to coming she asked us to arrange something like a dinner so she could see the family. The weekend she was coming down a few of us had prior commitments and couldn't do dinner. We decided on breakfast instead.
Julie was kind enough to have the gathering at her house and assignments were sent out to different family members.
Julie was supposed to host a baby shower at her house later in the day so she was a little concerned about having the bacon smell still around. Matt tried to cook the bacon outside but the outlets didn't have any power to them. I am proud of him that he was willing to freeze, because it was COLD outside.
Zach started the pancakes and was super proud of himself because quote, "they turned out perfect on the very first batch!!" They were good.
Autumn had her second surgery done on her hip and was still in a cast. This time we had the cousins sign their name.
Julie and Zach put a TV in their loft. The kids enjoy gathering and watching movies on it now. I must admit I don't like the TV. Before the TV all the kids would play and be creative. Now it's there and this is what I find all the time:
Don't get me wrong I am not against TV. However I am when you have a lot of your cousins around and you can play amongst each other rather than wasting your time watching a movie esoeically if it's just a couple hours we are together.

The younger kids all gathered around Grandma and had her reading books to them. It was so cute to see how content they all were.
We try hard to get cousin pictures when we can. This was the whole group besides Brooke....she took too long and we were going to lose the rest of the kids if we waited any longer.
left to right: Tiffany, Lilly, Autumn, Addy, Brielle, Miles, Lacey, Blake, Bryce, Tyler and Brett in the front.

No comments: