Sunday, December 12, 2010

Miles turns 5 months

After nearly 19 months off I had to go back to work. It wasn't looking forward to it but it seemed to be easier with Miles than it was with Brielle. I think since he is a little older I didn't feel such guilt. He is turning into such a Momma's boy.
He gets super excited just hearing my voice. This is helpful when I call him while I am at work because he gets so excited and starts looking for me and coos into the phone. It makes it SO much easier to go back to work when I know I can keep in touch with him a little. He also gives me the BEST response when I come home. He gets all gitty and smiles, and kicks. He can't wait to get into my arms. He loves on me and nestles into my chest and arms. He is also anxious for me to feed him. He makes me feel warm and fuzzy when I walked into the door.
He is able to hold up his head a little better. Each month there is improvement.


We went to the Sacramento zoo for the first time with him. He did a great job. At one point he become a little fussy and I put a book in front of him and he loved it. He cooed and scanned the page, soaking it all in. I think I am going to have another book lover on my hands.


He sure is growing which makes me happy.
He is starting to grab and play with toys better.
He loves to lay on the floor and play with his toys, especially if they are hanging.
He likes to look at himself in the mirror. One day he sat there for 30 minutes watching himself and laughing.
I am still trying to get him to take the pacifier. Only on RARE occasions will he take it but he does take it. Maybe there is still hope but I am SLOWLY coming to the conclusion that he is not going to take one.
What Miles does prefer is his HAND! I have always heard breaking a pacifier is easy then a thumb sucker. I am SO afraid he is going to suck his thumb, or fingers. Only time will tell.
This month he had his first ride on the sled. It snowed and Matt was able to play with us for the afternoon. It was so much fun having him around and watching him play Miles.

Miles is just like his sister in regard to napping. He doesn't! I put him in his crib and he only sleeps max 30 min. He prefers to be held. However a saving grace is the swing. I'm screwed when he out grows it. This month we also put him in his own room. For some reason it was SO hard to transition him. I cried and was not happy the first night. I just wanted to go and pick him up, snuggle and put him back in the co-sleeper. In fact, I kept the co-sleeper up for about a week or so because I was so tempted to put him back with us.
He still has the most adorable smile. He just melts my soul when he looks at you and smiles. He is willing to share it with anyone.


He is starting to sit up a little longer on his own. He topples over shortly after sitting him up. But he is sitting without support.
He is also kicking up his legs and rolling from side to side
At the end of the month it was time to start celebrating Christmas. I was so excited to see how he was going to response to Santa and opening presents. He was a trooper and sat and watched us set up for Christmas.
He has been interlocking his fingers, I just so happen to catch it with my camera
He likes to watch what is going on. He especially likes watching Brielle. Depending on her mood she will get down and play with him. Don't let her fool you, she loves and adores Miles.
Merlin says Miles looks a lot like he did when he was a baby. I would love to get some pictures.
Whenever Grandma Hoffman is around she like to hold and love on him for a bit. He doesn't seem to complain too much either.
Miles did an amazing job with Santa....no anxiety. He would sit on his lap all day if they would let him pull on his beard. He sees hair and he is pulling on it. He sat on Santa's lap twice, each one he had his hand and fingers wrapped up in his beard.

No comments: