Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Our day together

Monday's are Matt's days off. I was thinking of keeping it low key since he worked so hard Sunday shoveling all that snow. However, Matt doesn't know how to do 'low key.' I had more energy today then I have had all week. I still had sinus pressure and my ears felt very plugged but I was up and going. Since Matt was home I figured he could watch Brielle I became motivated to organize some files in the loft. Brielle would still terrorize some but Matt tried hard to entertain and let me do my thing.

Our view from the loft this morning.


My little alien

He decided since we weren't doing much he would take down the Christmas village. This sparked a desire to cut a hole in the garage wall to access under the stairs for more storage. We decided to do that before we put Brielle down for her nap.






Of course wherever Daddy is, Brielle is. except it was FREEZING so I bundled her up.
I was amazed how much we could fit under the stairs. We stuck our ornaments, nativities, villages, a lot of Christmas lights, two train sets, and several empty boxes under there. We have so much room in our garage now. I was very thrilled. We then organize the computer desk together. I was so happy that some things were finally organized. It gives a sense of godliness, cleanliness and peace when thigns are clean and organize.
After Brielle's nap and lunch we decided to pack up our snow gear and head over to my parents to go sledding. The weather was warmer, the sun was shining and there was still a lot of snow on the ground=perfect condition to play. We had a ball playing. Brielle wasn't too sure about it at first and preferred to stay with me. I would hold Brielle in one arm and drive the ATV with the other hand. Then I tried to put Brielle on the sled with Daddy, which she tolerated. I thought we were done when I tried to get onto the sled with her and she only lasted a couple laps. However, I had her stay with me as we pulled Matt around again.
I could see Grandpa Hicks watching us from his kitchen window, next thing I know he is dressed and ready to play with us. I suggested he get onto the tube and he DID! Brielle thought it was so funny watching him go around, he saved our play time.
Matt jumped onto the tube with Grandpa and I put Brielle with the two of them. By then Brielle understood the concept and was laughing and waving.
I was even able to ride with Grandpa and Brielle a couple laps. Brielle was done with the tube so Grandpa was kind enough to hang around and keep an eye on her while Matt and I played hard.
We had SO SO much fun. Brielle would smile and wave as we passed her. She was content hanging out with Grandpa, eating snowballs and watching her parents play. After a couple of hours, the sun was setting and it was getting cold, we headed inside.
It has be a very long time since we were able to do that. It was so rejuvenating, but we were all very tired. We took Grandpa out to dinner and then headed home for bed. What a great day we had. Thanks Grandpa for saving the day! Brielle sure does adore you.

1 comment:

Cyndi said...

Hey Girl!!! I love this post! never did get to go sledding with Grandpa in the snow. I guess I was never there when it snowed! Oh well. Hey you said on FB that you needed my blog address so I thought I would give it to you here so that you could link it from your blog. It's easier for me that way! http://theheddenherald.blogspot.com/
also about making the blog fun it looks like you are already there with your cute border but if you wanted another site to pick from you could do http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/ it's the same type thing. Copy and Paste into the html under Layout as a gadget. Btw cute cute cute header picture! Love it!