Sunday, February 21, 2010

What was supposed to be 'a couple' inches

Well this last week I have been fighting a terrible cold. I lost my voice a couple of times, had major sinus pressure, my throat would bother me and I was just plain miserable. I had to call into work both days and made Matt stay home a couple of mornings so I could rest. Matt was fighting a cold too but he was able to keep it under control with drugs. Brielle had a little cold but it didn't seem to slow her down too much.

By the time Saturday night rolled around I was feeling a little better, sounding better and SUPER anxious to get out of the house. It started to snow and Matt mentioned he might have to get up early to shovel snow. The news said we were to get a few inches of snow. I had gotten up at one with Brielle and saw it was still snowing. At three Matt woke up and looked outside and swolled his tongue. He came barging into the room talking up a storm about how much snow there was and how he should get up right now and start shoveling etc. I kept saying, "Hunny, it's three 0'clock in the morning, go to bed." However, he just tossed and turned until four and got up to go shovel snow. Needless to say, we woke up to AT LEAST 18inches of snow. It was crazy! What happen to a couple inches???

That morning I was talking to my mom about the snow and the events that took place earlier that morning. She said Dad did the same thing. She finally kicked him out of bed and told him to get up. I thought it was pretty funny.
I think church was cancelled for all Reno/Sparks area. Which totally bummed me out because I was excited to get out of the house. I was officially snowed in because Matt took the truck to work and so it was another day stuck inside my house with Brielle. I was getting a little sad but Brielle was in GREAT spirits. She ate breakfast really well and was entertaining me. I wasn't sure if we really should really venture out because of our colds, but I couldn't resist and she was pounding on the door.

I didn't really get any pictures from our morning outing. My camera battery died and the charger was in the truck. However, I was very excited to see how well Brielle was playing in the snow. She of course wont walk in the snow so I shoveled a path for her. I made her a snowball and she was totally intrigued but it. I taught her how to eat it and she discovered how cold it felt in her mouth, always making a funny face after each bit. She enjoyed dropping the snowball on the ground and saying "uh oh" followed by "more!" I really wanted to make a snowman for her but the snow was WAY too light-perfect powder (made me want to go skiing!). It was too light and would fall apart. Oh well. We still had fun.

After her nap and lunch we ventured out again, with my old camera with me. This time I though I better shovel the driveway so Matt did not have to. I wasn't sure how much I was going to get done with Brielle, but she did great. She was very content holding snowballs and sitting on the porch watching me. Oh and it was still snowing-it had not stopped.


Brielle made a snow angel!


She thought she would help shovel


My happy little girl.


Minding her own business.
After I shoveled the driveway my neighbor's little girl came up to play with Brielle. I decided we should build a castle that soon turned into a snow chair.



She LOVED the chair!




Trying to catch snow with her tongue.


I tried to show how high the snow pile was from shoveling the driveway. Brielle was my model.
Brielle was VERY excited to have her Daddy come home from shoveling snow. He was tired and cold but she didn't care. She was very happy he played with her.





Brielle likes to stick her finger in his mouth or get his nose, pull his hair and ears.
Here they are playing Peek-a-boo with the blanket.






Needless to say my day wasn't as bad as I was picturing it to be. I had a blast playing in the snow with Brielle. She made my day. I had made dinner and we took some over to Erin (she is really sick now) and my folks. It didn't stop snowing until that evening. I don't remember it snowing so much without stopping. OK I lied. The last time it snowed like that was I think '97 when Matt, Brian, Dad and I worked 13+ hrs shoveling snow for several days. It was beautiful to see the valley a winter wonderland.

No comments: