Thursday, May 27, 2010

Rice crispy treats

Posted by Picasa
It's been some time since I tried baking with Brielle. Today I thought I would try something new and see how she would respond. I had her dump the marshmallows into the bowl which she LOVED! We kinda made a mess on the floor, step on and kneeled on others and made a marshmallowy mess. Brielle discovered the marshmallows are very sticky and liked picking up the ones off the ground and putting them back into the bowl (don't worry I cleaned the floor prior to doing this!). It took some convincing for her to actually eat one marshmallow. She liked to play with them more then anything. However our baking together stopped there because once I stuck the bowl in the microwave she wanted nothing to do with it. She kept running away and crying "hot!" With each step I tried to show her: the big blown up marshmallows, the dumping of the rice crispy cereal, and mixing. She didn't care, she was done. In fact she refused to even eat a rice crispy treat once I was done. It was pretty funny, I would have it up to her lip and she would open her mouth and last second turn her head and say "NO!"

1 comment:

cristy said...

What a little stinker! Too funny! I love how focused she is.