The day came and many of the local family members were able to go, including me! We were running a little later then anticipated and we couldn't find Parren. My poor Dad had to run about half a mile of railroad track looking for evidence that we were in the right spot. However he didn't feel too bad for himself because during his run he had stopped to call Uncle Brent and right when he did he looked down and saw something shiny. He picked it up and found a gold 1901 five dollar coin sitting right there. He show off his discovered treasure to the rest of the family which created a gold rush atmosphere and the rest of the family wanted to go search for more! Unfortunately we didn't have the time and had to encourage everyone to find a seat so we could begin. It was fun sitting in the middle of the desert next to the railroad looking at pictures of Grandma and Grandpa and listening to their experiences while living in Parren. There wasn't much out there when he was station there and now there is little evidence there was anything there. I am so grateful my mom thought of this idea. Looking at the pictures while sitting in that desert helped me gain a greater insight. There were some new stories I had heard and some repeated stories as well. Afterwards we had a tailgate party and had some snacks/lunch before heading back into town.
Brielle and Ray looking through the fence to look at the horses.
Brielle was super excited to be out of her car seat. We were all pulled off the side of the road trying to figure out if we were in the right spot and where to park.
We made it! Welcome to Parren.
Our group picture left to right:
Back row: Melvin, Don, Nan, Gpa Hicks, Brent, Matt
Middle row: Nathan, Brielle, Danielle, Doris, Corrine, Anita, Chad
Front row: Joanna, Ray, Eileen, Gpa Ross, Gma Ross, Jacob and Eliza
Nope we don't come from a family of photographers!
Grandpa and Grandma Ross back on old stomping grounds.
Eliza Ross
We had to cross the tracks which was interesting between all the grandparents. Each one needed escorting and I was so scared a train was going to come and we weren't going to be able to move them off fast enough. However not one single train came along while we were there.
Brielle had her chair and she was all ready to go.
Doris, Jacob, Don and Corrine posing for me.
Brielle had there attention and put on a show for them.
Grandma Ross
Love this picture of my Daddy.
Eliza and Uncle Brent
Our little pow-wow. We were quite the sight with our folding chairs and all. It was so windy my mom had to put a jacket around the camera to try and help prevent a blowing noise through the whole video. Hoped it worked.
Brielle and Ray found some treasures as well....old nuts and bolts
It was pretty windy while we were out there but the sky provided some beautiful pictures.
The littlest cousins.
Eliza, Brielle, Ray and Jacob sitting on the railroad.
Uncle Brent and Aunt Eileen.
Our tailgate party.
The scenery coming home. We have had so much rain and snow that all the hills are green and the mountains are full of snow. It was a beautiful drive.
We made it home around 2:15ish and had to run and do some errands for Erin and help get ready for the baby shower that was to occur at 3:30. Erin did a fabulous job and the shower was a success. It was exactly what I wanted: short and simple. We had delicious fruit to snack on, the decorations were cute, the cupcakes were yummy and the company was fabulous. We had about 30 people show up. I had a great time catching up with friends and family. It was small enough I was able to visit with everyone and enjoy their company. I received the cutest clothes...he is going to be one decked out kid, and some amazing gifts such as a double stroller, britax car seat, swing and the cutest plane mobile. I am so grateful for wonderful friends and family.
The fruit bar
Check out the cute aviator jacket.
He even received a plane outfit! How perfect!
Aunt Doris and Angela checking out my gifts.
Aunt Doris looking at the planes for the baby mobile. SO CUTE!
I held the shower a little early because I wanted my Aunts from out of town to be there. I loved having my Aunt Eileen and Aunt Doris there.
Shortly after the baby shower we headed out to Julie's for dinner and to hang out with the Taylor family for a little bit. The weather was a little chilly but nice enough to go and play outside. I was so happy Patty and the girls were able to come and hang out. We had a nice evening visiting and watching the kids play.
1 comment:
Oh I wanted to be with Mom so bad when she told me she was on her way to your Baby shower! I didn't know about all the rest of the stuff that you guys were doing! It looked like it was so much fun. Those are such great pictures and I loved the one of my parents! Oh I wish I could have been there. Hey do Nathan and his wife have a blog? Matter a fact do any of the other Ross' have blogs? I need to catch up!!!! love ya!
Post a Comment