Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers Day

I really wasn't too sure how much of a Mother's Day I was going to have. I thought I was going to have to teach a young women's lesson, then discovered I was teaching the following week. We decided to go to Fallon and spend the beginning of the day and church with Norma and then head home and do dinner for my mom that night. The plan was to get up and go, however Matt surprised me and made breakfast for me which was super yummy. He also surprised me with a few gifts-a camera bag and camera protector case with cute cards from Brielle and Matt.

I was enjoying my breakfast and was surprised Matt pulled out the camera.

Brielle was happy to eat with Momma.

Totally shocked me he bought a camera case, I have wanted one for awhile. YIPPEE!

I couldn't resist Norma's breakfast even though I already had breakfast.

We stopped at Grandma Miller's and Aunt Judy was there. It was nice to catch up.

I was able to capture a couple cute close up of the neices and nephews.




I tried to get Brielle and Grandma together but Brielle was getting TOO tired and didn't want to take pictures. This was the best I could get.


We went back to Norma and Merlin's to visit before heading home. Brielle loves their swing and Brookie enjoys pushing her.

However, she was done after not napping most the day. It was time for us to hit the road so she could get a nap.

That night we had my family over and showered my mom with love, gifts and food. Matt cooked dinner which was a Mediterranean themed dinner with appetizers. We had lots of food.

I love Brielle in the background. Oma was reading the card Matt bought for Brielle to give to my mom. It was cute.

I think they look alike.
This year I feel more like a Mother than I did last year. I am starting to feel more comfortable in my role as a Mother and what that means. I feel I have so much to learn still but I have grown so much since she has been born. Brielle has made our home feel like a home instead of a house. I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for trusting me enough to have one of his children and what she has taught me. I am super grateful to have my mother around that I am able to watch and learn from her as she spends time with Brielle. Happy Mothers DAY!

No comments: