Saturday, April 17, 2010

First for me

Tonight I had a very scary experience. Work was unusually slow until about 4 PM. Then things fell apart and I ended up not leaving work until 8:15. I was super frustrated that I was at work an hour late and there were a few other things going on. Leaving the parking garage I was thinking about how I couldn't wait to get home and then it happen. My thoughts were interrupted by a very loud banging noise and then it felt like my car ran something over. I was so confused until I looked in my rear view mirror and saw someone jump up with their hands in the air. OH MY GOSH I HIT PEDESTRIAN! I jumped out of my car shaking and saying "OH MY GOSH ARE YOU OK??I'M SO SORRY, I DIDN'T EVEN SEE YOU!" I asked him several times if he was OK while I was trying to physically assess him (only thing I could see was a quarter size skin abrasion on his hand). He kept saying he was OK and it could have been worse. I kept asking if he wanted to exchange information or if he wanted me to take him to the ER. He said he would just go home and put hydrogen peroxide on his hand, picked up his board and started walking.
I got back into my car and started to bawl. I was sick to my stomach, in shock and couldn't believe what had just happen. As I drove home I kept crying and giving praise and expressing gratitude to my Heavenly Father. I was so grateful nothing more happen.
I had no idea how or where I hit him until I was almost home and tried to look at my passenger side mirror and it was pushed in. No wonder I didn't see him, he hit the side of my car. When I pulled into the garage I thought he had broken my mirror but Matt was able to fix it. He did leave a couple dints.
Geez my poor car, that whole passenger side is all beat up. First when I hit the pole and left damage to the back passenger panel(years ago) and then the long boarder hit the front passenger panel. I might as well keep it all on the same side right??
Needless to say tonight was a first for me and one that I would prefer to never experience again. I learned to be a little more careful.

No comments: