Sunday, April 11, 2010

Brielle's adventures

I must admit I love this stage but it is more challenging. She has fallen off the chairs in our kitchen (more than once). She has thrown all the books off the shelf (nothing new) and then climbed inside the bookcase. She reads out loud and it's hilarious to listen to. She will pick up the phone and ask to talk to Oma. She will hug, or touch or kiss (sometime all three) my belly when I ask where the baby is, and point to my belly. She enjoys coloring with pen and crayons-sometime she is a little messy for my liking. She is such a big helper-some snacks were left on the floor and she picked them up and put them away, my candle holder fell and she picked it up and put the candle back inside. She is so willing to help pick up her toys and put them away. She has started to say "bye-bye" and wave at the same time, she use to do one or the other. She has received her first antibiotics (sinus infection-3 week treatment) and her first fungal cream (fungus infection in her toe nail). She yells ouch and it progressive gets louder the more frustrated she becomes (many times it is not associated with injury). She is becoming more attached to her pacifier, when I am trying to wean her. It's not funny (but it really is) when she shakes her finger and says "NO!" However everything is 'NO' right now. Currently one of her favorite activities is do open the hat drawer and pull all the hats out. I don't have to rock her to sleep anymore-most the time she will cry for a mintue and then go to sleep (however bedtime is easier then nap time). She sure is a handful but a bundle of joy.

Oma and Brielle reading together

Brielle and Matt getting ready to say prayers. She will rest her head and fold her arms the whole prayer (if its short).

Brielle has discovere that she can pull and push things and they will move. The top three she enjoys moving the most are high chair, strollers, and shopping carts.

I emptied the trash to come back and find my little helper doing this.

She is always climbing the kitchen table chairs.
I pulled out the play-duh and she would barley touch it.

She would quickly pull her hand away and say "burr"

She eventually warmed up to the idea but she still doesn't really like to play with it.

She would prefer to play with the container and the accessories that came with it.

Brielle lives on the edge...sound fimiliar?? Like mother like daughter I suppose. Luckily she has a lot of Matt in her that makes her so loving and sweet.

Brielle will grab paper and point to the letters and tell me a story. I have no idea what she is saying but it must be good.

If I remember correctly I stuck my finger in my mouth and then wiped it on her lap desk to clean off some pen. She thought it was a good idea, and now I find her sticking her finger in her mouth and trying to clean something up. I swear it only takes once for this child to pick up on things. I have to be very careful. For instance when we were playing in the snow and her glove fell off I took it and rubbed it on my pants. For that moment on if she gets something on her hand, there will be times where she comes over to me and wipes her hands on my pants!

When we first started to draw together I would trace her hand, now she does it everytime she is drawing.

Brielle LOVES Winnie the Pooh. She will hug them and cuddle with them, and play with them.

She continues to have the warmest smile that just goes straight to your soul. I LOVE YOU BRIELLE!

No comments: