Today our baby girl is 2 months old and we made a trip to the doctors for a check up and first round of immunization shots. Wasn't sure how she was going to respond. When she was first born and in the hospital she didn't even cry or finch at the PKU test or Hep B vaccine. Matt made sure he could make it, he kept saying, "I need to be there for my little girl, she needs her Daddy." It's amazing how much he has grown. He hates shots, and cringes whenever he sees them on TV. But now that it's his daughter, he has to be there. I love having his support. He has never missed an appointment. In fact, I never get to hold her when we are at the doctors. He will meet me at the truck, carry her in. Hold her while we wait, undress her and carry her out to be weighed, wrap her in a blanket and hold her till the doctor comes, dresses her when the appointment is done and carries her back to the truck. This week was a little different because he got caught in construction and wasn't sure if he was going to make it, but it did. We had just made it into the exam room when he called to meet up with us.
Brielle weighed in at 12 lbs 3 oz which places her in 75 percentile and is 24 1/2 in long placing her in the 97 percentile. Needless to say she is a very healthy baby. The doctor couldn't believe I had never called the office asking questions in the last 2 months. Not a single phone call. He comment on her alertness and ability to track. When he was done with the well baby check up he sent his nurse in. I think I am the only sick mom out there because instead of crying that my baby was getting shots, I was taking pictures of it. I had Matt there to comfort her. She cried a little at the doctors and a held her for a minute to calm her, then got her dressed. She was asleep in Matt's arms by the time we made it to the elevators to go home. She loved sleeping in Grandma's or Auntie's arms afterward. So we have a sequence of pictures depicting our day. I took her to Bunco so show her off and they were all impressed with how calm she was. They couldn't believe I haven't given her Tylenol and I took pictures. I am about to go to bed and so far no Tylenol has been given. She was more fussy tonight but I also think she was really hungry and I was having her wait because cousins were holding her. I hope she is just as calm the next couple of days. Grandma Knight died this week and her viewing and funeral is this weekend. All my Aunt Nan's kids are coming in. I hope Brielle is in good spirits because she is going to be passed around a lot. It already started tonight with Ben and Tara being here. Plus we are taking Hicks family pictures Saturday after the funeral. We will see what mood she is going to be in.

Matt wrapping Brielle up in a blanket waiting for the Doc

Matt playing with Brielle in the exam room waiting for the Doc

First vaccination was oral- it helps prevent the nasty rotovirus bug

Here are her first shots, 2 in the right leg and 1 in the left

Brielle wasn't too happy

The war wounds from the vaccination shots

Nestled in with Grandma

She slept most the afternoon on people, this time it was with Auntie Erin
Matt wrapping Brielle up in a blanket waiting for the Doc
Matt playing with Brielle in the exam room waiting for the Doc
First vaccination was oral- it helps prevent the nasty rotovirus bug
Here are her first shots, 2 in the right leg and 1 in the left
Brielle wasn't too happy
The war wounds from the vaccination shots
Nestled in with Grandma
She slept most the afternoon on people, this time it was with Auntie Erin
1 comment:
Matt sounds like Adam. Adam didn't miss one of mine or Gabe's appointments so far. It's nice to have such a supportive husband huh? I love that Matt is that way too! I cringe when the shots are whipped out, I can't watch. Gabe did okay with her shots until the 6 months, then it took a little longer to calm her down. She started screaming as soon as she saw the nurse. HA! Brielle is so long! It's nice she took them so well.
Post a Comment