I can tell when she is getting tired now because her eyelids turn bright red and she starts rubbing her eyes. I try to lay her down before she falls asleep on me but sometimes I cannot let go and have her sleep on me (only during the day).
Her rubbing her eyes
She is sleeping on average 6-7 hours before feeding and then sleeping for another couple of hours. I have been trying to put her down around 10 PM. Some nights she will fall asleep on her own, other nights she needs to be rocked, but she hasn't slept in my bed for over a week! For the most part she is a good sleeper during the day too especially if she is sleeping on someone.

First nap in her room

First nap in her room
When she wakes up from sleeping through the night sometimes she will cry but most the time she starts making noises or talking. When I go in the room to get her she always greets me or Matt with a smile. I love the morning time and how playful she is. She is most smiley when she first wakes up.
Her usually morning greeting when she sees my face in the morning
This week is the first week she has shown any interest in toys. She has a toy that has bright colors on it and it makes noise. I would shake the toy in front of her and she would start smiling and laughing. It was so fun. I cannot believe how cute she is getting.
She didn't know what to think about this, she tried to eat it. It was very funny.

We were playing with our toy
We were playing with our toy
She loves when her Daddy comes home from work or church. He will pick her up and talk and play with her. She will always smile and laugh for him. This is what he said to a friend in an e-mail, " The baby is doing GREAT we could not ask for a happier baby. She smiles at me every time I pick her up. It makes my heart melt and the world stops as I look into her eyes. She is the sweetest thing ever." They try to spend as much time together as possible.
Matt and Brielle hanging out
I keep mentioning how much she loves to smile. Here are some more pics of her grinning.
Bethany Smith, Danielle and Brielle. She was asleep when we were taking this picture and woke up and smiled right before the picture was taken.
Trophy smile
Talking and smiling with her Aunt Julie
I love the camera!
When I lay her down to play, I will place a book in front of her to look at. When we were at my parents house my mom picked her up and read the book to her. She was so cute, cooing and looking at the pictures while my mom read to her. I was able to capture the moment.
1 comment:
She is so smiley. I love her cute smile. I can't believe how big she is already!
Post a Comment