This week I have been busy with doctor appointments. I started off with my OB-GYN yesterday. I was really curious to know what she had to say about my episotomy (it started to bleed and hurt the last couple of weeks). Erin picked me up and carried the baby (since she is too heavy for me to carry her when she is in her car seat). The Doctor did an annual check up and look at my episotomy. She said everything looked good and she lifted all restrictions. My episotomy is fine, just a little area is healing slow. I thought I would inquire how long she thought I should wait until having another baby. I informed her I wanted to have my babies fairly close together (2 years apart). Therefore, the doctor proceeded to say, "just wait six months," smiled and said, "I'll see you soon!" I about fell over. WHAT! Only 6 months. I was anticipating her telling me to wait at least a year. But because my pregnancy and labor did not have any complications, I only have to wait 6 months. INCREDIBLE! I have been tripping about this 6 month thing, but the same token it has made me think. Maybe I will keep baby #1 and baby #2 closer together. So far I have been blessed with a perfect baby ( I know things can change tomorrow and baby #2 will be totally different)
Today I went for my post-op check for my appendectomy. I was not so impressed with the office. My appointment time was originally set for 8:20 AM ( I verified twice with the lady) and then yesterday I received a message saying my appointment was at 9:00. Then today the medical assistant takes me to my room and doesn't know how to operate the chair. She also had to check with someone else to see if the clear tegaderm looking dressing had to be removed. I was shocked when she said it had to be taken off. This dressing is glued onto me and it was my understanding that it dissolves on its own. I questioned her again and said that the doctor told my mom that he has seen the dressing on as long as three weeks. That didn't stop her. Of course she couldn't get it off with her gloved fingers so she got medical pliers to try to peel it off. In the meanwhile she is pulling off some of my scab over the incision. It took her forever and she didn't even get it all and said she would come back if the doctor wanted more of it off. (For those that don't know my skin it's super sensitive and when rubbed or scratched I get hives and the surrounding skin is really red. ) I couldn't wait to hear what the MD would say after seeing my stomach. In fact, he reacted the way I though he would. When he came in he looked at my belly and was really surprised that it was so irritated. He asked if I had removed tape or something. I told him the medical assistant tried to remove the clear dressing stuff. With a surprised voice asked, "HERE?" I knew it! She had NO IDEA what the heck she was doing. I was right, the dressing stays on and it will disappear on its own. Stupid lady! However, the doctor said things looked really good. I still cannot lift more than 30 lbs. He did say I can start working out (YIPPEE! Time to lose my baby fat!). Needless to say, it's time for MOMMA TO GET BACK ON TRACK!
2 comments:
you poor thing. you have been through the ringer in the last couple months. and I can't believe you're already thinking of baby #2. you are super woman. love ya.
Oh I hate healing. IT TAKES FOREVER! Well the nice thing is you aren't alone and people can relate. Well not so much with the appendix, but ya know.
Post a Comment