Monday, August 22, 2011

Lake Tahoe

Today I had the opportunity to take family pictures of the Jolley family. We decided to do the photo session up at Tahoe and then hang out at the beach for the day. It was a little tricky figuring out what to do with the kids during the photo shoot and thankfully my sister came to the rescue. Perm and Erin came over to watch the kids while I jumped in the van with the Jolleys to take pictures.
Because it was a Saturday I was really nervous about getting to the beach late and not having any parking or beach space. Perm and Erin came to the rescue again by packing up the kids and reserving some space for us. It was a darn good thing they did because we wouldn't have had any beach space to hangout on. Due to the extreme snow fall we had over the winter, the water level is really high. I knew this but it didn't hit me that that would limit beach space. I was flabbergasted with how different our little beach was. In fact, there was almost no beach as compared to last year.
 I was thrilled with the location Erin and Perm save us. It created enough space where we didn't feel we were climbing all over our neighbors.

You can see the grass behind Brielle. This gives a little idea how little beach there was along this park.

The Jolley's have a little girl close to Brielle's age. They really enjoy playing together. Brielle was thrilled when we showed up and she saw KK. The immediately began to play and were two very happy little girls.
This outing was perfect. It was fun hanging out with friends but the highlight was having my family there. It has been a long time since we have done something fun together as a family. I was grateful for Erin and Perm's help with the kids since Matt had to work. I loved having Crystal and Eva there too. I missed having Matt there but besides that, the day was amazing.



Miles wasn't too sure of the water, I think it was a little too cold for him.

It took some convincing but the kids stopped long enough to eat and nap (for Miles that is).




I think Eva enjoyed herself too!
Miles may not be a total fish baby yet, but he couldn't get enough of the sand and the sand toys.







Today I discovered how much Miles likes Pringles. I think he would have eaten the whole container if I let him. In fact he ate most of it.




The weather was a little chilly for a summers day but it didn't slow us down any. It was a balancing act. You were too cold if you stayed in the shade but too hot if you stayed in the sun. I decided to keep my top half in the shade and my legs in the sun. Crystal was the only smart one to bring warm clothes as a backup.
















And yes it took days for me to get all the sand off






Didn't you know sand is nothing but fiber for you?















Gywn and her family flew in from Seattle that day too. Matt rode with them and they met up with us mid-afternoon. We played for a little more than hour and headed home. I had to get home so I could attend my 10 year High School Reunion.....weird.

No comments: