We got out a little later than I was hoping. I was pretty worried about lunch and naps. Luckily we had a late breakfast so we could get away with a late lunch. I had packed a lunch and planned out eating on the tailgate of the truck when we were ready. Miles was defiantly tired but we was a trooper and hung in there most the day. It was a beautiful hot summer day. I think the high was 94 or something like that. I was super grateful we went for the first time as a family. It would have been very challenging on my own the first time.
| Miles first time and he liked what he saw. |
She HATES water that will splash on her. I don't know how or if she will ever overcome this. When we were walking by she thought we were going to make her go under the water and didn't want to look at me for a picture.
I loved watching Matt play with the kids.
Brielle really enjoyed going on all the slides.
Miles thought it was pretty fun too.
Miles was getting cold so we wrapped him up and hung in the sun for awhile. Meanwhile Brielle ventured off on her own and went down all the slides several times.
Matt covered Miles lap.
Miles finally took a nap. I happen to be in a good position to take pictures so that's exactly what I did while I watched Matt and Brielle play.
Matt took off to get money for ice-cream and Brielle decided she was going to take the tube and go down the slide. I was surprised but excited to see how well she would do.
She made it to the top and stood in line. She stood there and watched everyone else go. Sometimes she would look around (I wondered if she was waiting for Matt or I to show up). She never did go down. When Matt came back I had him go get her. She told me she was waiting for Daddy and ice-cream. She likes it when Dad joins us cause he spoils us with treats.
By the end of the day I feel confident that I could handle both kids on my own. Brielle did amazing. even when she went under water after one of the slides. She laughed and told Matt it is funny. We didn't leave until five. We were all pretty tired. Brielle fell asleep two seconds after we left. I wasn't too thrilled with the idea since it was so late. Our original plan was to get In and Out burger and go to my parents (hoping Brielle would wake up in a good mood if we went there). When I called my mom she invited us to join them for Mexican food at one of our favorite restaurants. I was a little nervous with sitting down with the kids. However they shocked the pants off me and were really good. We had a great evening and one hecka of a day.
No comments:
Post a Comment