I don't remember Brielle being so expressive with her mouth. One night I was able to capture several different facial expressions of my little man. He is SO fun.
The last month he has really transformed. I can't believe how fast my little guy is growing. Progress is a good thing, but man it all happens so fast. However it's not as fast as my little niece Eva who is already crawling and pulling herself up to things. Miles is totally content to sit/lay in one place. Sometimes he will roll to his side. But he doesn't seem too interested in moving. Part of me looks at Eva and I think, I need to work with Miles more. The other part of me is grateful he is not growing up so fast and I get to enjoy him in his non-movable cuddly state for now. My little guy is seriously adorable. I get comments all the time about how happy and smiley he is. His smile is contagious and his laugh is so darn cute. He has the cutest chubby cheeks and a great personality. He is so laid back and chill.

He is a very ticklish little boy, especially the neck, thighs and feet area.
-When I put him on his tummy he is lifting his bum off the ground (just a little) and kicking his feet. All good practice for crawling
-He loves to be naked. He giggles and kicks every time I take his clothes off. I may have a nudest on my hands.
-He does love his floor time. If we are on the go most the day and he hasn't been able to kick and play on the floor, he starts to get a little fussy. However he still doesn't love tummy time. He doesn't last too long on his stomach before he complains.
Miles is the biggest drooler. He can drench his shirt and everything he touches with his spit. Everyone would tell me it's because he is getting teeth but I didn't believe them because he started SO young.
The drooling is so bad we have to put bibs on him and change them out when they get too saturated.
Then he started to stick out his tongue and blow some bubbles. I was able to capture a picture that displays all three!
Then my wonderful sleeping child started to not sleep so well. He started waking up in the middle of the night. He has never been a good napper but even his naps were disrupted.
And then they came. Miles two bottom teeth came in. Since Brielle was 12 months old before she had any teeth, I was able to stop breastfeeding the first time she bite me. So this is a new thing for me...breastfeeding with teeth. Thankfully Miles is a good eater and he hasn't really bitten me (until he is teething again). This should be a fun experience. Another difference was when his teeth popped out, they stayed out. None of this in and out business like Brielle (THANK GOODNESS!).
Take a look at those teeth!
Other things he is doing:
![]() |
| Standing with support |
We have introduced a sippy cup and he LOVES to have it in his mouth. He attacks it and gets water all over the place but it makes him so happy. However recently he is drinking it more then spilling/biting it.
He can hold his own bottle and sippy cut
Has a fascination with hands and feet and the motion they are doing. He laughs when I put my foot in front of his face.
| I love when he puts his hands together like this, however he decided to cry right before I took the picture. |
Turning into such a Momma's boy. He normally is pretty content about sitting or laying in the same room but he cries if I leave the room or he can't see me.
He likes to bite/eat blankets, burp rags, clothing, his toys and his thumb.
I feel he plays more with his toys more then Brielle did. He also likes the exersaucer, and the jumperoo more than Brielle did.
He is grabbing and holding onto toys, putting them in his mouth.
He is intrigued with bright colors and patterns
I feel Brielle was more into gross motor toys but Miles likes the fine motor toys. He can sit and play with the spinning, turning twisting things (displayed below)
He loves to sit and observe everything that is going around him, especially what his sister is up to.
The beginning of the month he was still unsteady when sitting and had to be assisted by a couch but as the month progressed, he became pretty steady and doesn't fall over very often.
He enjoys being on Daddy's shoulders.
I love this stage because they will take pictures. I have learned the older the child gets the harder it is to capture a decent picture. With Miles it doesn't take much to get a cute picture. You just talk to him and he will smile at you. He still has the biggest smile:
| Still the Bass fish smile....it's a trademark I tell ya. |
Ha I just noticed this. I wonder if he gets his tongue thing from Perm. I am wondering what kind of tricks Perm is teaching Miles.
I have tried to capture family pictures as well individual kids with just Mom and Dad. I know this is going to get real tricky the more kids we have. But I like the concept.
Miles loved helping with Christmas this year. He helped me wrapped and thoroughly enjoyed the wrapping paper. | This picture doesn't do justice cause he literally wrapped himself up with this wrapping paper. It was SO funny. |
This month he was able to experience his first snow. I was so excited to take him out and get some pictures in the snow. Between getting him all bundle and being nice and warm, he thought he would take a nap instead.
I even tried to wake him up because I wanted to take him sledding. However Matt wasn't thrilled with the idea and suggested I let him sleep. | Actually he feel asleep in my arms and then I layed him down. |
| His first snow angel! |
I thought for sure he was going to lose all his hair, but he hasn't. He started to get a little bald spot but nothing too significant. I get comments all the time about how much hair he has.
He still isn't taking a pacifier. However I still try just hoping he will take it. However he is bound and determined NOT to take it. Oh well. I thought I would try one more time.
| You can see his pacifier hanging there. However he isn't buying into it. |
| Dadda sure loves to spend time with his little man |
| Dadda, Momma, and Miles |
| Oma and Miles |
| Cora and Miles |
| Grandpa Clause |
| Miyuki and Miles |
| Derek, Miyuki, Grandpa Hicks and Miles |
| Uncle Paul and Miles |
| Tyler, Brittany and Miles |
| Perm and Miles |
| Brookie, Brittney, Miles |

No comments:
Post a Comment