Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Skiing at Mt Rose

This past weekend Matt's friend brought his fiancee up from California and we went skiing Saturday. I wasn't sure if I was going to go until the very last minute and I am SO glad I did. The snow was the best I have skied on for years. It was amazing. I thought for sure the resort was going to get crazy packed but it didn't get that busy. I was grateful because I was pretty nervous about someone knocking me down or falling down right in front of me and making me fall. I did really good and didn't get too tired until near the very end. The only bummer part was my legs (from my knee down, and no it wasn't my calf, more the side of my leg)cramped most the day (the perks of being pregnant!). I did have one embarrassing moment when I fell trying to get onto the chair lift. I serious have no idea what happen. I think maybe the gate closed and hit my leg which knocked me off balance and before I knew it I was down and the chair was flying towards my face. I tried to move and kept hoping the chairlift would slow down but it didn't. I ended up laying as flat as I could and prayed the lift was high enough to go over me. Wow I don't know if I have EVER in my skiing life have fallen trying to get ONTO the chairlift.

The sun was out shining but the air was pretty chilly. I am super grateful Julie was able to watch Brielle for us. It was the longest Matt and I had been away from her by our own choosing. I did miss her but was grateful for the time we had together.

Matt's ready for the day!


Erin's boarding skills have improved




Matt's coming to get me!


It was hard trying to catch Matt in the air but I finally caught one, he was coming down but it's still cool to see.

David and Kim heading down the mountain. Glad they came up so we could go skiing this year.


Erin and Matt on the chairlift heading to the top of the mountain.


Matt and I at lunch. I didn't ever take any layers off, I was trying to warm up through lunch.


The gang (left to right): David, Kim, Danielle, Matt, Nathaniel and Erin

Matt and I

Erin was nice enough to take the camera and get a picture of me coming down the mountain. I was getting ready to spray her with snow.

No comments: