Monday, March 29, 2010

First hair cut

I don't know a thing about cutting hair. My poor husband has begged me to learn to cut his hair and I have been so afraid. However, now that Brielle is needing a hair cut I thought I better learn because I really don't want to pay someone for such basic hair cuts.
Kaly Freeman (who happens to be a hairdresser!) was super kind to come over and show me the in's and out's of cutting hair. She did most the work while I observed. I told Kaly the next time I was going to do it and she could critique me as I go. I am super nervous to do it myself but it is something that must be done.

Brielle did a FANTASTIC job. The first half she just sat and watched us in the mirrors. But then she became restless and wanted to play. Thankfully Erin was there to help distract her while we finished up her hair.

To be brutally honest I wasn't too sure about the hair cut when we were done. I felt Brielle looked so different, older and no longer my little baby. However, now I love it and am so glad I did it. Thanks Kaly and Erin for you help!



Love home videos on the iphone, she will sit there forever watching them.
Her bangs are even (not in this picture) and the back is not longer a mullet.

1 comment:

MaloyMayhem said...

Good Job for learning how to cut Brielle's hair!! I'm sure you would do just a good a job on Matt's hair!