Sunday, September 20, 2009

Reno Air Races

Saturday we went to the Reno Air Races. I can't tell you how many times I have gone-it's a family tradition (thanks to Grandpa Hicks). This year was fun because so many of us were able to go. We had Brian, Crystal, Erin, Grandpa, Brielle, Matt and I. What a group! Grandpa is always so generous and pays for everyone to go. I can't lie, I wasn't sure how the day was going to go with Brielle. We packed her diaper bag full of toys and food and gave it a shot. She shocked me. She loved it! We sat through the whole day watching all the races. She would track the airplanes and the louder it got, the happier she was. She would pipe right in and start talking. She did get tired and did manage to get 2 lousy naps in. However, she was a trooper. She never cried, and the more tired so got, the happier she became. Brielle stole the hearts of many of the service men(either Navy, Marines, or Army)We were lucky enough to have a fore casted morning and early afternoon. It did get fairly warm once the sun came out but I was so grateful we didn't have the sun betting down on us all day. I do believe everyone enjoyed themselves and I am SO happy we went and played all day. On Sunday Matt took Grandpa out to watch the final race. He called me and told me he was sitting 50 yards away from the runway. I am very jealous but someone had to stay home because the baby needed one good nap this weekend. Thanks grandpa for the wonderful day yesterday.

Opening ceremonies

This plane stops on the runway, backs up and turns around. It's amazing to watch.

Brielle watching the fun

Grandpa is right in his element

Who do you think is faster the plane or the race car??

Brielle enjoying the race with Uncle Brian.

Picture perfect ending

Brielle was becoming a little tired

Brielle cuddling with Auntie Erin
Are there 1 or 2 planes??
The Blue Angels

I love when they put on their smoke and they separate
Brielle finally crashed
Rare Bear got a nice new paint job-it looks sharp

Voodoo's average speed was 500 mph the first 3 laps
Brielle is wearing one of the oxygen mask that the navy men put on her face.
Erin and Brielle at the bottom while Brian was at the top of the plane taking a picture.

No comments: