Thursday, September 24, 2009

canning

This last week I have attempted to can tomatoes. My fondest memory of the seasons changing from summer to fall are of my mother spending days canning tomatoes. I have never participated and have watched her year after year. However, this year my mom is just too busy with life and so I thought I would attempt canning some tomatoes. What I discovered is it is A LOT of work. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Of course no one was around to capture me canning but I did get some pictures/video of my little one distracting me.


Brielle was really interested in what I was doing. I needed both hands so I tried to put her in the high chair for awhile so she can eat and watch at the same time. My theory worked for awhile but then she was done with the high chair.

This is my first batch of tomatoes. Watch Brielle being such a great helper.

I had to find different things for Brielle so I could keep working and she wasn't bored.

Near the end of the canning day I had to stop and cook dinner. I guess she wasn't going to wait for dinner. A box tasted better.

No comments: